Grant Development Director
Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Health is a not-for-profit hospital seeking a Grant Development Director. Please visit URL blocked - click to apply to learn more information and apply.
The Grant Development Director’s responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and taking action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and reporting suspected violations.
- Researching the medical literature related to areas for potential funding and analyzing the literature for professional performance gaps.
- Writing compelling requests for educational grant funding.
- Responding to RFPs as assigned.
- Monitoring funding environment and identifying funding opportunities related to ACHS interests and needs.
- Tracking and monitoring potential biopharmaceutical and funding interests.
- Collaborating with colleagues to conceptualize educational interventions designed to close gaps.
- Collaborating with internal team members to develop appropriate budgets.
- Submitting grants according to funder procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with industry education personnel as appropriate.
- Following up with grantors regarding the status of grants and reasons for denial for denied grants.
- Participating as a team member in the implementation of funded activities.
- Monitoring the implementation of funded activities and providing status updates as appropriate.
- Ensuring that financial reconciliation and final reports are submitted to funders per funder requirements.
- Networking with external vendors to stay current with learning vehicles and trends and to include advancing technologies into proposals as appropriate.
- Meeting goals for grant funding levels.
- Meeting other annual goals as negotiated with supervisor.
- Communicating and collaborating with clinical thought leaders and faculty in developing content and implementing programming.
- Meeting goals for number of grants submitted.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
Eisenhower is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
About Eisenhower Health:
Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic, world-class dining and shopping, and year round recreational activities. Additionally, Eisenhower Health is less than two hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
At Eisenhower Health, we offer a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals. As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California. For 2017-2018, U.S. News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #16 in California, placing us in the top six percentile of hospitals in the state. In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive five star stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (#2017-2018).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors. We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Health has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction. For the fifth consecutive year, Eisenhower Health has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2017), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
In 2017-2018, U.S. News recognized Eisenhower Health as one of the High Performing Hospitals in these specific areas: Geriatrics, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Aortic Valve Surgery, Chronic Obstructive, Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Lung Cancer Surgery. Eisenhower Health is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Health has had a great deal of growth in our Clinic Divisions throughout the Coachella Valley. We also cultivate an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2016-2017).
Come JOIN our TEAM! To apply for a position now please visit URL blocked - click to apply.
The Grant Development Director must meet the following qualifications:
Education: Bachelors Degree (required), Degree in life sciences or health care related field (preferred)
Experience: 5 – 7 years of experience developing successful grants for funding in the biopharmaceutical sector on behalf of CE providers (required)