To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5400 Cleveland Avenue
Columbus, OH 43231
- Maddie Aguillon
- Phone: 616-717-4252
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Gordon Food Service Store • Columbus, OH
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
$65k-75k/yr PLUS Bonus Potential
Work/Life balance - We offer the best schedule in retail!
Store Hours: Monday to Saturday 7AM - 8PM and Sunday 12PM - 5PM
Not in the area? We'll cover relocation!
Welcome to Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth. Our 174 storesare the primary supplier for many small food service operators, families, non-profit organizations, caterers and so much more! Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry!
Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry: Gordon Food Service At a Glance. There's a seat at our table for you...
- We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter
- We have several leaders that began as Sales Associates!
Benefits after 30 days!
- You take care of our customers, so we take care of you!
- 10% off your purchases!
A STORE MANAGER covers all aspects of store operations, including financial planning and performance, key performance metrics, marketing/promotional activity, merchandising and inventory management, and community stewardship. Our Store Managers are so important because they help create an atmosphere where the GORDON FOOD SERVICE values and philosophies flourish. Under their guidance, we deliver an outstanding shopping environment with exceptional service product merchandising, and product quality.
Overall, we are looking for someone who takes pride in being a...
- Great Merchant - Support and execute in-store promotional activities with a high level of engagement and oversight on promotions and merchandising direction
- Passionate Leader - Build a team! Interviewing, hiring, orientation, and training. Serve as a role model, mentor and resource. Initiating corrective action as needed
- Customer Advocate - Assess voice of customer data to identify customer experience, product selection needs, and opportunities for improvement
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
- 3 or more years of previous restaurant, food service, grocery, or retail management experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience in safe food handling and storage practices is required
- Business acumen to understand and leverage financial reporting in driving decisions that positively influence business outcomes.
- High School Diploma / Equivalent (required); Bachelor's in Business or in a related field (preferred)
- Retail is demanding, and a 50+ hour per week schedule can be expected at Store Manager level, including 10 hour workdays, shifts that span pre-opening/closing hours, and occasional six-day workweeks throughout the year
- Successfully pass our hair drug screen and criminal background check
- You must maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record per GFS policy
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
Note: Please make sure you use a valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what’s happening next in the process.