Software Resources has an immediate job opportunity for a Computer Support Tech 1 for an afternoon shift from 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. in Carol Stream, IL.
3+ month contract
Shift schedule: M-F 3:00pm to 11:30pm. Includes 30 min lunch. Weekends may be required to include Sat and/or Sun. Required to work Thanksgiving day as well as the the day after. Christmas day work TBD based on operations schedule.
The main function of a Computer Support Technician 1 is to monitor software to process business, scientific, engineering, and other data according to operating instructions.
• Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance
• Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program
• Help programmers and systems analysts test and debug new programs
• Operate spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports
• Associate's degree in computer programming or equivalent training preferred
• 0-2 years experience required
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Ability to perform physically intensive labor including motions such as reaching, bending, picking up, lifting weight up to 50 pounds as needed, walking for periods of time, standing for periods of time.
- Working Knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SendMail, NFS, DNS, BIND and other Network services.
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Computer Support Tech 1 (Shift: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm)
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call
(800) 774-8036 or visit us online at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Computer Support Tech 1 (Shift: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm) and leave the recruiting to us!
Complex Problem Solving