This is an advanced technical Business Intelligence position within the Information Technology Department (ITD). It is for a Middleware Senior Administrator responsible for design, architecture, and hands-on implementation of enterprise middleware software environments that provide business intelligence solutions for all the County departments. The job entails varied aspects such as installation, configuration and/or programming of complementary systems, developing report and queries, and collaborating with users, vendors, analysts and other stakeholders.
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Installation, administration and maintenance of reporting and statistical tools like IBM Cognos (Cognos Content Store, Cognos Administration, Cognos Reporting, Cognos Cube Designer, and Framework Manager), IBM SPSS, and Microsoft Power BI to monitor performance and ensure the stability and reliability of all the environments.
- Lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design.
- SQL Server and Oracle databases and understanding of database structure principles
- Data models, design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Building predictive models using IBM SPSS.
- R and Python to be able to enhance the SPSS syntax and leverage the 130+ extensions available to create a customized solution if needed.
- Operating system Linux, Windows and Azure.
Completion of 60 semester credits to include 15 semester credits in a computer related field and four years of advanced programming and/or system maintenance and problem determination experience are required; or completion of information technology certification program and six years of advanced programming and/or system maintenance and problem determination experience are required. Advanced programming and/or system maintenance and problem determination experience may substitute for the required education on a year-for-years basis. Technical certifications in middleware software environments and related technologies are desirable.
Miami-Dade County offers great benefits including full medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and disability insurance; optional 457 pretax savings plan; optional flexible spending accounts; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; membership in the Florida Retirement System; professional development; and a tuition reimbursement program.
Applicants must apply online to Job Opening # 54933 by July 7, 2019 at www.miamidade.gov/jobs
Application Integration Architecture