2nd SHIFT PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER -Hillside, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to 2nd SHIFT PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER
Great opportunity to join our Leadership Team at our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the ever-expanding foodservice segment. AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
We are currently seeking to hire a 2nd Shift Production Team Leader for our food manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
The 2nd Shift Team Leader will be responsible for leading group working activities to optimize production performance. This operation is to be performed keeping safety as a primary objective and following established GMP, Safety, Regulatory and AAK Foodservice procedures and policies.
2nd Shift is worked Mon – Fri 4 pm-3:00 am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Responsible for the safety, well-being and training of the team members under his/her leadership.
● Completes required paperwork in a timely fashion as required by the production and quality schedule.
● Performs and completes various quality checks, such as but not limited to; pre & post operation checks, Metal detector checks, Lot coding, product consistency, equipment pressures, etc.
● Understands and uses ERP system to control materials used (inventories) and job completion.
● Understands and uses downtime monitoring system (CDC), and log machine down time reasons.
● Coordinates line set up to ensure production schedule is executed, such as but not limited to; personnel, packaging, batch maker, documentation, etc.
● Operates all machinery/equipment in the area of responsibility including light, as well as perform general mechanical repairs and preventive maintenance.
● Ensures that all the proper components are being used, reporting any deviations or issues to the Production Supervisor and/or QC Manager.
● Ensures the proper weight / volume is met per product specification / label claim.
● Ensures all line adjustments, set ups and change overs are completed in a timely fashion.
● Ensures the proper coding is clearly legible on the packaging as specified by Q.C. and customer directives.
● Reads, interprets, and follows AAK Foodservice policy, procedures, work instructions, etc.
● Reads, interprets and follows the daily production schedule and demands.
● Ensures that washouts and sanitation of tools and equipment is appropriately done, prior to line start up.
● Oversees and document rework product when required.
● General housekeeping in working area to comply with GMP’s and safety concerns.
● General knowledge of use of compressed gases, nitrogen, and ability to set, monitor and adjust pressures.
● Aids the organization in development of written process specification and controls
AAK Foodservice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical with dental, vision, pharmacy and other features and also includes our company matched 401k.
AAK Foodservice promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to 2nd SHIFT PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
● High school education
● 2+ years team leadership experience in a production environment
● Ability to do simple math, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
● Ability to speak and write English, bi-lingual in Spanish a positive
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
● Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formats
● Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.