The Operation Manager needs to have knowledge of Cabin Service, janitorial and Passenger services; will be directly responsible for overseeing the operation cabin service, Passenger service and janitorial, take accountability for safety, resource management in those areas, operation standards, policy implementation and client relations, as well as controlling and managing the operations budget targets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and control performance KPIs such as Cabin Turn/RON, on time arrivals/departures, etc. and ensure they are within established goals
- Ensure that all records of all transactions relating to the operation are maintained
- Ensure that administrative and control policies and procedures are maintained
- Assures all employees comply with company rules and procedures and other authority requirements
- Take disciplinary action with subordinates as needed
- Report the Operation’s daily performance to the GM of the Operations
- Ensure the safe and secure operations, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
- To lead and manage an operational team to deliver excellent and safe performance in the Cabin and Passenger service functions at a high volume international airport.
- Implement company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures service delivery to customer airlines is according to the airline contracts, and within the agreed budget level.
- Manage staff of 90+ employees.
- Suggest, elaborate and document SOPs when considered necessary.
- Monitors performance, taking action to correct any shortfalls.
- Liaises with airline station managers, airport operations staff, handling agents, customs, immigration, and security officials, and other airport stakeholders.
- Provides reports as required, and service delivery measurements.
- Provides leadership to the operations team, developing their skills.
- Has the duty to suggest any improvements to working practices especially those relating to safety and security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be flexabile and can work any shifts, Morning, Mid, late afternoon and Overnight.
- Ensure service levels are achieved
- Maintain close and effective business relationships with customer, and various control authorities such as Airport Management, Customs, and Immigration
- Establish strong leadership within all supervisors and ramp employees through excellent communication skills and a positive work environment
- Meet and exceed client’s goals, expectations and KPI’s.
- Follow up and answer client inquiries on a prompt manner.
- Audit Managerial staff on the performance of their functions.
- Must have 2 years Ground Handling experience at a high volume international airport.
- Financial management skills awareness.
- Able to communicate effectively with senior level personnel and front line staff.
- Able to work with a multinational work force, and to adjust to the local conditions of the station.
- A working knowledge of the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement.
- Must be able to lift at least 70 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to pass a ten-year background check as required by US Customs.
- Must have current driver’s license with no violations.
Eulen America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment will be subject to criminal background check, physical examinations, drug testing, and reference checks.