Our client is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who is passionate about working with adolescents who have experienced repetitive traumas resulting in behavioral problems and academic underperformance. Services are provided in both school and site based settings and includes work with family members and others that provide care to the child.
Essential Functions Include:
- Providing initial evaluations, psychotherapy, disposition/treatment planning and case management services for diverse patient population.
- Experience delivering short-term and long-term counseling. This must include individual counseling, as well as family counseling and group counseling. Knowledge of evidenced-based models (CBITS) a plus.
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team as well as on-site medical providers and community agencies.
- Ability to interact and communicate with clients and their families who have experienced pervasive traumas and provide therapeutic services linking clients to community resources.
- Timely documentation by way of electronic medical record.
- Orientation and supervision of social work intern students as needed.
- Master’s Degree in social work from an accredited school of social work or Master's Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy, or CT Licensure
-Experience with Children/ Adolescent
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary staff and outside providers
- Experience and interest working with children and adolescents
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Will need to get certification in CBITS (Cognitive Behavior Interventional Trauma in Schools). Our client will pay for the course.
Additional General Requirements:
- Assists in program development as directed by the Social Services Coordinator.
- Keeps necessary records and documentation in patient records.
- Attends necessary community meetings when required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, including strong typing and computer analytical skills. - Adept in - Microsoft Office Suite.
Radiation Treatment Planning