To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
701 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant - HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED
Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau • Miami, FL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Administrative Assistant- HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED
Primary Objective of the Position:
To provide multiple sales managers administrative support and to facilitate the operations of the Convention Sales Department of the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Prepare, organize, and provide word processing services including but not limited to general correspondence, proposals, and various departmental reports to efficiently facilitate office operations.
2. Data entry to generate sales leads from sales managers to ensure that members have current information for generating business.
3. Process check requests, gift and service orders for upcoming meetings, conferences, tradeshows, trips ensuring that payment is received, if necessary, and brochures are delivered as required.
4. As requested, maintain tentative account files for sales managers to provide a monthly count of correspondence generated and ensure copies of correspondence are available as needed.
5. Prepare various reports (e.g. expense reports, outstanding tentative report) in a timely and efficient manner.
6. Provide general assistance to the sales manager in preparing site inspections, sales trips and tradeshows, etc. to ensure effective administrative support.
7. Provide back-up to other assistants as required due to work load, vacation, etc. to ensure that the work is completed on time.
8. As requested, handle and respond to GMCVB hotel partners.
9. Learn to operate main switchboard, and relieve receptionist as required.
10. Perform other responsibilities or special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; and one to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Typing speed 60 wpm.
Must be proficient in use of Office Suite 365, spreadsheet and database programs operating in a windows environment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package.
For consideration, please send resume and salary requirements by December 30, 2018.
Via email to:[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Include "Administrative Assistant, Convention Sales" in the subject line of your email.
Via fax to:
Include "Administrative Assistant, Convention Sales" on the cover sheet of your fax.
Via mail to:
Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
701 Brickell Avenue, Suite 2700
Miami, FL 33131
No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer