SMARTSOURCE is in need of a Systems Administrator for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Arlington Heights, IL.
Duration: 6 mo. contract to hire
Reporting to the I.T. Technical Services Manager provides primary day to day support and administration for systems running Microsoft Windows Server, VMware ESXi, Citrix, UNIX or Linux Operating Systems. Provides secondary level support for systems running other Operating Systems, as assigned. These systems host software applications that are critical components in the delivery of patient care across the continuum. Responsible meeting the goals set in Information Management and Technology (IMT) Infrastructure Support Service Level Agreements.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Ability necessary to analyze systems, to devise internal controls and to prepare hardware and software installation plans.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interface effectively with users, vendors, external agencies and other employees of the hospital.
- Must be prepared to work long hours during crisis situations and be available for technical assistance during off hours.
- Experience in installing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, Internet Information Server (IIS), Active Directory, DHCP&DNS Servers, Citrix XenApp, and Citrix XenDesktop preferred.
- Experience in supporting a campus wide WAN/LAN environment constituting virtual environments and servers via backbone connectivity utilizing various network protocols preferred.
-Knowledge of Solarwinds or other server/network monitoring software and wireless communications preferred.
-Knowledge and understanding of technical specifications of the hardware components and features of the operating systems of assigned systems.