Integrity Techs are responsible for the proactive and demand maintenance and replacements of discrete assets in the distribution system such as reclosers, capacitors, poles, large/small cable etc. They oversee their assigned budget and prioritize targets accordingly to ensure they are worked in proper priority and such that FDO meets its financial objectives. As part of this effort, Integrity Techs update the workplan to provide direction to Design Engineering designers and engineers.
This job covers the entire state of Florida, so incumbent may be located at any Florida operation center location.
Major Job Duties
• Learn and practice a “Safety First” attitude incorporating company safety rules and policies in all aspects of daily work.
• Conducts research, prioritizes, and approves asset service requests (SRs) to be released to Design Engineering.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure work is designed, scheduled, and constructed in a timely manner.
• Manage multimillion dollar Capital and O&M budgets based on work plan prioritization levels (reactive & proactive).
• Independently prepares thorough and accurate, correspondence, technical and budgetary reports.
• Conducts engineering and related studies.
• Work alongside program manager to ensure program performance is being adhered to and stakeholders are engaged.
• Work with scheduling to ensure asset replacements are scheduled according to workplan priority.
• Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure work is designed, scheduled, and constructed in a timely manner.
• Be available for and perform major and minor storm restoration duties including extended working hours, field work and/or specific storm assignments.
• Work independently and under general supervision performing tasks indicative of the job.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
Required Basic Qualifications
• A graduate from a college or university with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent) or
2 to 4 years of equivalent experience with no degree. Experience and demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others.
• Team-oriented, analytical, and organized.
• Proficient in working Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in electric utility industry and a basic understanding of how the distribution system operates.
• Understands basic principles of project management.
• Customer-focused approach with experience handling escalated issues.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Advanced level computer skills.
• Technical aptitude.
• Problem-solving abilities for trouble-shooting and diagnosing issues.
Engineering Design Process