APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV.
APLA Health offers great benefits, competitive pay, and a collaborative working environment!
Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance (no cost for employee),Vision Insurance (no cost for employee), Long Term Disability,Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance,Employee Assistance Program,Flexible Spending Accounts,Paid Holidays,Personal Days,Vacation Days,Sick Days,Metro reimbursement or free parking,Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the senior manager responsible for all information management and technology services of APLA Health & Wellness, including risk management and HIPAA security and privacy management of the electronic health record system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement overall institutional strategic technology plans including database and web needs, network, systems development, hardware/software acquisition, and desktop and program integration efforts in coordination with business goals and strategic plans.
- Interface and consult with other department directors/managers as well as outside vendors in order to reach decisions on hardware and software purchases supporting business requirements.
- Work in close coordination with other senior staff to determine information reporting needs, and oversee the programming and development of standard and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Oversee the development and implementation of technology/EHR integration into clinical operations such as streamlined check-in and risk screening.
- Develop technology policies and procedures designed to improve quality and/or meet staff needs more efficiently.
- Develop and implement a robust cybersecurity program, including security and disaster planning activities; plan for and provide leadership during emergency situation and manage disaster recovery efforts.
- Develop and manage information technology budgets and capital investments in coordination with the CEO and CFO; ensure expenditures comply with approved budgets.
- Manage contractual relationships with service/product providers.
- Supervise IT, health IT and health informatics staff.
- Remain up-to-date on health care related technology innovation, and nonprofit and FQHC technology-related audit best practices, including state and federal laws and regulations.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience: BS or BA degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline required, advanced degree preferred. At least ten years of experience in all aspects of information systems management; at least five years in a healthcare environment. At least five years of successful executive/management experience in a complex healthcare information system environment. Experience with eClinicalWorks electronic health records is highly desirable.
Knowledge of: All facets of IT, including systems applications, database administration, financial systems, networks, telecommunications, computer hardware and software. Project and program management with integrated electronic health records. Data reporting and programming.
Ability to:Excellent writing and oral communications skills. Relate well with senior management and patient care providers. Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
Systems Development Life Cycle