Our client, a Nassau county based environmental engineering firm, has been in business since 1995. They provide public and private clients with expertise in environmental engineering, civil engineering, and consulting. Their employees are encouraged to provide insights into their work and believes every employee has an important contribution to make to the success of the company. As such, the company’s culture is one that helps everyone learn and grow as professionals. By nurturing the next generation of engineering professionals to think creatively and critically, the firm believes they we will remain at the front of innovation and customer service.
Our client believes that solving complex problems that impact local communities like water quality, air quality, renewable energy, and solid waste management requires individuals that are technically proficient but that also understand the business impact and opportunities of environmental issues and challenges. Therefore, the company supports their staff through continued professional development, whether they pursue advanced business degrees or professional accreditations.
The company continuously seeks experienced professionals to join their team of engineers, geologists, and scientists who want to make a difference in the world in which they live. They offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, an IRA retirement savings plan with matching contributions, a generous profit sharing bonus plan, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development opportunities.
The firm is seeking an experienced Engineer with an MBA who will impress them with their business acumen in addition to their technical expertise. If you think this fits you, then please read on and apply.
Minimum Degree Required : Must have a BS or MS in Environmental or Civil Engineering or a related Engineering discipline and an MBA.
Minimum Years of Experience : Must have a minimum of five (5) years of post-degree work experience.
Preferred Years of Experience : 10+ years of post-Bachelor’s Degree work experience.
- The work of our Engineer with an MBA will require a high level of customer interaction. Therefore, candidates must have experience working with clients.
- Communicating with management on status of work and escalation of issues
- Work independently and as part of team with internal and external engineering professionals
- Communicate project status in an effective and clear manner and produce detailed reports
- Help the VP/Senior Project Manager prepare project schedules that include items like system inventories, condition assessments, indicators of value, estimations of fair market value and a variety of reports
- Apply the Cost Approach, Income Approach, and Sales Comparison approach when preparing indicators of value of businesses, utilities, equipment and other enterprises
- Develop specific cost, benefit, debt service and amortization, revenue requirement and other advanced financial models and reports
- Develop construction design documents and specifications for a full range of environmental and civil engineering projects
- Oversee work necessary to obtain a client’s full permitting and approval status for construction, air permitting, storm water permitting, wetlands and other regulatory programs
- Prepare cost estimates for design projects and specifications for bid documents.
- Develop bid documents and perform bid management/analysis
- Perform engineering analyses of systems, designs, and assessments
- Develop detailed inventories of systems including detailed inspections of system operations.
- Respond to and resolves concerns from clients and the general public.
- Attend, document and conduct progress meetings with client and other stakeholders as deemed necessary.
- Must have an MBA or related advanced degree in business
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer or otherwise eligible to apply for license as a professional engineer in the State of New York within 18 months of hire.
- This position requires an understanding of business valuation techniques, replacement cost new less depreciation approaches and other indicators of value
- Experience in cost estimating, life-cycle costs, break-even point, rate of return, net present value and cost allocation techniques.
- Prefer experience in business development and direct client contact
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; advanced skills and experience with Excel and other spreadsheet applications.
- Possess strong written, verbal and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to have conversations with prospects, clients and staff and to prepare concise written reports
- Self-motivated and team-spirited, capable of working independently or collaborating with minimal supervision
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Environmental Resource Management
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)