Provide day-to-day leadership and overall guidance to production professional staff and operating teams and ensure high standards of safety and environmental performance while delivering against production cost, quality, and quantity and schedule objectives.
- Provides leadership of all production activities
- Sets the standards for operation and behaviors.
- Sets goals, objectives and the vision for the operating area and team.
- Communicates production plans and over-all company goals and objectives to production personnel.
- Supports and guides the production teams to meet business objectives.
- Ensures effective production is completed to meet business requirements
- Produces to plan, quality, and schedule meeting budget.
- Ensures SOPs are written, maintained, certified, and complied with.
- Ensures raw material demand and production planning and scheduling is executed effectively.
- Ensures maintenance needs are prioritized, scheduled, and addressed in a manner least disruptive to production.
- Ensures operating teams and professional staff are properly trained for safe and effective operation
- Coaches and develops staff for high performance.
- Implements effective training programs and monitors for training gaps.
- Supervises direct reports to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Maintains a Safe Operation and promptly investigates and reports safety and environmental incidents and develops and implements solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensures appropriate hazard review for process changes and non-SOP operations.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state safety / environmental laws and regulations.
- Drives Long term, continuous improvements and implements and/or supports capital, expense, and improvement projects including safe startup and reliable operation.
- Develops and implements process "best practices", standards/policies, productivity improvements and work processes for operations that address safety, quality, efficiency, and reliability.
Degree in engineering with significant chemical plant experience working with teams in a leadership role. Demonstrated experience with requirements of PSM (OSHA 1910.119), ideally with exposure to plant turnarounds and start-ups.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you. We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.