THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Develop equipment and tooling justifications, quotation requests, acceptance criteria, purchasing documentation. Review quotations, support vendor selections, and ensure tooling and equipment received meets acceptance criteria, quality expectations, and is installed and commissioned per schedule.
- Plan, track, update, and report on process improvement projects to ensure design schedules, build schedules, installation schedules, and commissioning schedules are met.
- Monitor and provide engineering support to ensure customer products are manufactured and processes are operating economically and in control per management goals and quality expectations. Analyze deviations, develop and implement corrective actions.
- Preparing quotations for labor, tooling, and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Manufacturing prototypes as required utilizing the principals of concurrent engineering.
- Develop and implement approved improvement projects involving process control, equipment, capacity and productivity targeting quality, cost and delivery performance.
- Write work instructions and assist in training of work instructions.
- Troubleshoot and/or diagnose PLC controlled equipment, detect problems, and develop improvements in programs to improve productivity.
- Develop specifications for new, TPM requirements, and operating work instructions.
- Support equipment installation, process description, and operational/performance qualification activities for manufacturing equipment and manufacturing processes. Generate all related documentation in compliance with internal requirements.
- Assist production supervisors in trouble-shooting process and quality problems. Perform root cause analysis, develop and implement countermeasures based on PDCA process.
- Analyze plant layout and propose improvements for manufacturing flow.
- Assess and measure labor content to set process standards and evaluate variances.
- Assist business areas in the creation of time-based Standard Work for all task and activity.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop technical solutions to manufacturing problems, finding solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Apply statistical tools to complex problems and teach statistical tools to others as required.
- Play a leadership role in the Plant Safety Program.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of Hyosung HICO.
- Know Hyosung HICO’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and be able to fully discuss their importance and how they impact work.