Rx relief is looking for the right person to fill a Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician position…right now.
Rx relief offers a range of various benefits including: health insurance, vision and dental insurance, 401 (k) and deferred compensation programs, and more!
As a Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician , you will assist the Pharmacist in the delivery of therapy assessment, care planning and medication reconciliation for individual patients. You will also be responsible for maintaining an efficient and well-stocked pharmacy. This is a dynamic work environment, requiring the flexibility to meet business needs and adapt to frequent changes. Teamwork is essential, and all employees will be held accountable in fostering a positive team environment.
Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician
Job Specifics and Requirements -
Area: Hayward, CA
Licensure Requirements: Must have CA board of pharmacy Technician License active, and in good standing
Education: High School Diploma
Years of Experience: 1 Year in a Home Infusion Pharmacy
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m .
Length of Assignment: On going
Background/ Drug Requirements: Ability to successfully complete background check, drug screen and health screening.
Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician
Aseptically prepare all sterile admixture requests for patients, upon receipt of physician orders from clinical and infusion centers.
Assist the IV pharmacist in receiving prescription orders for oncology and infusion therapy, for both internal and external referrals.
Maintain patient profile records and prescription files where appropriate.
Keep pharmacist updated about patient issues or problems in the operation of the service.
Order and maintain appropriate stock levels of IV drugs and supplies in compliance with contracts.
Assist with the proper accounting and transfer of IV pharmaceuticals to infusion therapy and oncology cost centers.
Partner with oncology and infusion center personnel to identify special needs related to drugs and IV medical supplies.
Maintain appropriate logs and cleaning records of biomedical – pumps – equipment; arrange for preventative maintenance and inspection.
Carry out various quality assurance procedures, including flow hood cleaning, repairs and inspection, and biological laboratory testing.
Assemble supplies and arrange for proper delivery or pickup of home infusion medications and supplies.
Maintain the cleanliness of admixture machinery and keep IV room properly stocked.
Perform special duties and projects as required.
About Rx relief
Rx relief is a specialty staffing company providing supplemental pharmacy professionals for all pharmacy practice settings. Voted Best of Staffing by both clients and talent, we provide a customized approach to your career needs as well as comprehensive benefits. Contact us to learn why everything we do is all about YOU!
- Enter medication orders/prescriptions into the pharmacy computer system
- Reading medication orders and prescriptions
- Prepare prescriptions for verification by pharmacist
- File pharmacy prescriptions in the appropriate files
- Organize medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions
- Enter prescription data into pharmacy software
- Fill prescription books or new prescriptions
- Stock the pharmacy medications and supplies
- Obtain from the prescription file prescriptions
- Submitting medication inventory requests to pharmacist
- Reporting any issues with missing pharmacy medications and supplies medications
- Prepare medications under supervision of pharmacist
- Dispensing prescription medication and preparing for pharmacist verification (PV2)
- Assist the pharmacist in medication compounding
- Perform pharmacy and medication unit inspections
- Receive drugs and stock pharmacy
- Enter critical patient prescription data into pharmacy information system
- Performing basic pharmacy technician duties
- Entering new prescription in pharmacy software system
- Repackag medications for checking by pharmacist
- Assembly And Installation
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Requirements
- Clinical Works
- Information Systems