R & W Group is recruiting on behalf of our mid-sized law firm client in DC for a Business Intelligence Analyst position. Position will start remotely. The Business Intelligence Analyst serves as a significant and highly motivated member of the firm’s Accounting team and will support the basis of data mining, manipulation, and financial analytics to all levels of the firm via technical application and critical thinking. This person must work independently or as part of a team, possess exceptional written and verbal skills, and demonstrate the highest commitment to professionalism, customer service, and quality of work. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work closely with the Director of Finance and Manager of Financial Analytics to help the firm make accurate and actionable financial decisions in a fast-paced and evolving environment. We can offer the opportunity to participate in firm initiatives relating to profitability, pricing, budgeting, business intelligence, and executive management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Duties Essential to the Role:
· Daily bank reconciliation, create/amend journal entries for various accounts, research and resolve inconsistencies or imbalances in the general ledger, prepare audit schedules, and apply standard GAAPs to processes
· Mine financial data, compile monthly reports and presentation packages with clear, concise, and fresh or evolving analytics of KPIs to better inform and advise senior management
· Interpret and analyze data, identify fundamental concepts impacting financials
· Support annual revenue and operating expense budget processes, along with reporting packages to Directors and Executive Director, facilitate profitability reporting and analysis, prepare surveys and ad hoc reports
· Study and capitalize upon existing reporting systems, utilize system capabilities and propose enhancements to streamline or improve current output
· Assist in research, recommendation, and development of data tools that enhance mining, reporting, or visualizations (Excel, Power BI, MSQ, SQL, Access), collaborate with Information Systems to further data analytics, system upgrade plans, or business intelligence capabilities
· Support senior colleagues to develop creative solutions applicable to financial directives or initiatives
Hours: 9:00 am-5:30 pm (extended hours around month-end and year-end accounting processes), currently remote.
Submit your resume online via [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Law firm Business Intelligence Analyst!
· Four to five years of financial and or analytical experience showing progressive growth in responsibilities, including but not limited to financial reporting, forecasting, analysis, data mining and manipulation, and general accounting/finance knowledge
· Law firm experience, including Elite Enterprise preferred
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel, working knowledge of SQL, MSQ, PowerPoint, Power BI, or budgeting applications beneficial
· Strong commitment to continuous learning, demonstrated desire to advance and seek opportunities to grow and expand capabilities
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, excellent time and project management skills
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or data science, master's degree in a business-related discipline preferred, CPA or CFA is a plus
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles