JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Controller, the Accounting Clerk will provide support to major financial accounting areas, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliation, and general ledger accounting in compliance with Hospice of St. Francis policies and procedures.
Assist Billing with:
· Review of Crisis Care logs
· Submitting Medicare Notice of Elections on a timely basis.
· Posting payments and adjustments into different systems.
· Following up on status of insurance claims or denials, processing credit balances for refunds.
Assist A/P with the following:
· Incoming Invoices by logging and sending them out for review. Entering approved invoices into the accounting system.
· Performing filing and general administrative duties
· Verifying crisis care logs by comparing them to staffing invoices
· Matching invoices and support to checks issued
· Other duties as assigned
Assist Accounting with:
· Reconciling cash
· Maintaining fixed asset sub ledger
· Analysis of budget activity and account balances
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Associates degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent field required or 3-5 years of equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES REQUIRED: none
EXPERIENCE/SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Two years’ experience in an accounting office environment. Must have excellent analytical skills. Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the finance industry. Excellent computer skills and Intermediate Excel skills. Proficient in automated accounting systems. Ability to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner.
Ability to lift, push, pull twenty five (25) pounds without difficulty; able to work extended hours as required under various work environments and work under varying levels of stress.
Attention To Detail