Key Human Services: Established in 1989, Key Human Services, Inc. (Key) expands Keystone's vision of community-based support programs to the State of Connecticut. Key's purpose and mission is to act as a change agent for people with disabilities, creating opportunities that encourage growth and meaningful life choices while assisting persons in finding home, health, friends, work, and presence in their communities. With support from the Department of Developmental Services, the Department of Social Services, and the Department of Children and Families of the State of Connecticut, Key provides a selection of services and supports, such as community living arrangements (group homes), individual supports, nursing services, and Birth to Three, to people with disabilities.
If you are still seeking that nursing position
where you’re hours can flex,
your weekends and nights are free
you have team support
and you can build strong relationships with both staff and the individuals receiving services –
THIS might be just what you’re looking for !
Key Human Services is seeking to add to its committed team of Developmental Disabilities Nurses throughout CT.
We continue to grow and seek new ways to improve upon the strength and mission that make Key one of CT’s best I/DD service providers.
Check out our openings below:
Ensure health services are provided in line with the regulations for individuals served under the CT DCF Therapeutic model and the Dept. of Developmental Disabilities in a community living home. Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team to plan and provide support to individuals with Intellectual/ Developmental Disabilities. Contribute with other clinical staff in the development and ongoing revision of individual plans. Monitor, implement and train the medication administration procedures as it relates to the program. Act as a liaison with families, ancillary agencies and other professionals, coordinating services and advocating for individuals and their families. Assess and address healthcare issues. Act as a resource for the individuals and staff in the program,providing training and direction in reference to health relate issues. Provides nursing oversight and reporting of the medical, health and safety needs of the individuals residing in this community based home for young women under the direction of DCF.
Casual position available in the following area: Hebron, CT
- Flexible Hours; 15 Hours weekly. Hours will fluctuate based on program/ individual needs, additional hours are available currently in other programs
- Phone availability needed Monday - Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Nights, weekend and holidays rarely required- Occasional training needs in early AM or later PM hours.
Key Human Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Casual positions allow employees the flexibility of accepting hours based on their availability; All positions may include some weekends and holidays, and require flexibility to meet program needs. Benefits available to Full-Time and Part-Time employees
- Must possess a current Connecticut R.N. License in good standing.
- Minimum one (1) year of nursing experience, strongly prefer experience in Developmental Disabilities nursing.
- Valid driver's license for the state of CT
- Knowledge of DDS & DCF regulations a plus.
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills necessary.
- Ability to use a computer, MS-Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer as primary communication and documentation tools. Therap or similar electronic medical record experience a plus.