To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Spectacle Pond Road
Littleton, MA 01460
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Middlesex Corporation • Littleton, MA
Posted 1 month ago
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 211th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Structural Superintendent is responsible for providing on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Construction / Project Executive
Status: Full Time, Salary
- Communicate with Superintendents on a daily basis to review project requirements for personnel and equipment
- Provide support, direction and guidelines for project operational issues to Project Managers, Superintendents and Foremen
- Coordinate and schedule use of all construction equipment including outside rental equipment
- Assist Superintendents on short-term schedules as required
- Review daily construction schedules and two-week schedules to plan labor and equipment forces
- Supervise the Construction Dispatcher
- Visit all construction sites “as needed” on a routine basis for:
- Production evaluations
- Discuss with Superintendent any projected schedule/equipment and labor problems
- Discuss daily huddle mandates
- Project housekeeping
- Project Safety
- Maintenance and care of equipment
- Means and methods of construction
- Quality of work
- Arrange for outside rental equipment as required
- Attend weekly construction meetings on a routine basis
- Attend weekly tool box meetings on a routine basis
- Interface with salaried and hourly workers to communicate company issues, compliment exemplary work or effort and to address grievances as necessary
- Attend preconstruction meetings
- Annually review hourly construction workers for performance and rate adjustments
- Assist with the implementation of Safety programs
- Attend and promote daily huddles whenever possible
- Review Superintendent and Foreman record keeping for conformance to company policies
- Interview and hire hourly employees as required by current backlog
- Degree in Civil or Construction Management a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing and overseeing all Civil, Structure or Utility Construction Projects.
- Must exhibit proven supervisory skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment is necessary.
- Must possess an exceptional safety record, strong oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to maximize performance of subordinates.
- Solid planning and organizing skills are required.
- Must possess the following competencies: Focus on Safety, Customer Satisfaction, advancing technology to protect our environment, adaptability, demonstrate and promote teamwork.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”