The primary objective of the Lien Filing team is to minimize risk and controllable loss by ensuring that collateral used to secure a loan or line is filed timely with the county or state recording jurisdiction. The Lien Filing Specialists are responsible for all tasks associated with preparing and filing loan collateral documents in accordance with department procedures and State / County requirements, in order to perfect lien on the loan or line.
Essential job functions include:
· Analyze loan or line to determine the proper documentation necessary to secure the collateral.
· Ensure timely lien filing for various types of collateral; including real estate, titles, UCCs, and documented vessels.
· Review and analyze trailing loan documents to ensure all documentation exceptions are appropriately resolved.
· Diminish risk to by ensuring regulatory and policy compliant documentation.
· Communicate with county and state title bureaus and county recorder offices to discuss lien filing process and requirements.
· Communicate with third party vendors and line of business partners to resolve document exception items.
· Typically 1-3 years of experience in operations role High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
· Proficient in 10-Key, able to perform with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
· Comfortable navigating multiple computer systems and applications
· Proven ability to handle all monetary/ processing functions independently
· Moderate knowledge of banking policies, procedures and governmental regulations
· Ability to perform moderate scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance functions
· Proven ability to handle all customer service inquires and diffuse difficult customer situations independently
· Experience working with mainframe and web-based applications Ability to read and interpret complex legal documents Prior collateral processing or loan records experience preferred General knowledge of consumer loan products preferred Knowledge of collateral documentation preferred Experience working in a fast paced, back-office, banking operation preferred