TekStream Solutions, has been retained by Leidos’ Health Products & Service Group to fill opening for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in the healthcare or commercial software industry to provide design, write and maintain source code, create and maintain software applications and applying frameworks to deliver innovative Healthcare commercial products, services or a combination of products and services. This position will preferably be based out of Leidos’ office in Morgantown, WV.
As a leader, you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems used by our customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
· Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
· Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects
· Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
· Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
· Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems
- Position require US citizenship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of software engineering experience.
- Hands-on programming expertise with Java/C++
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
Use Programming Language