MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings and parts lists.
· Assemble fabricated and purchased parts using assembly drawings and parts lists provided by engineering.
· Align components to designed tolerances.
· Install moving parts such as shafts, levers, bearings, etc and verifies proper movement.
· Use hand or power tools to trim, shim, cut or make other adjustments for proper component assembly.
· Bend and fit piping and tubing for water, hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication systems.
· Operate overhead cranes, industrial fork trucks, and aerial lifts.
· 3+ years of experience building mechanical assemblies for production machinery
· Proficient in reading and interpreting mechanical assembly, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematic drawings
· Strong shop math and measurement skills
· Must possess own hand tools and tool box
· Proven mechanical aptitude using a variety of hand tools and shop equipment
· Working knowledge of industry standards for mechanical assembly
Essential Physical Functions Needed:
· Stand for extended periods of time
· Climb and work from ladders
· Work from an Aerial Lift
· Lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
· Work from a kneeling or laying position when required
· Common hand tools (i.e. drills, grinders, cutters, impact wrenches, etc.)
· Common shop equipment (i.e. pipe bender, pipe threader, drill press, power saw, band saw, etc.)
· Industrial fork truck
· Overhead cranes
· Aerial lifts