To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1125 Hurricane Shoals Road Northeast
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
- Human Resources
- Phone: 770-338-7200
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Automation and Design Controls Engineer (Manufacturing)
Ricoh Electronics, Inc • Lawrenceville, GA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
,Looking for a challenging and exciting career opportunity? Then imagine being part of a company like Ricoh Electronics, Inc (REI) with a rich history of environmental conservation, community involvement, and steady company growth. Imagine working for a leading manufacturer as REI with advanced office automation equipment including digital copiers, thermal media label stocks, and toner products. Imagine growing with the global Ricoh network of 105,000 employees in approximately 200 countries, with $18 billion in annual sales. REI is a subsidiary of Ricoh Company Ltd., with an enviable corporate social responsibility performance record, business practices that produces cost effective quality products for its customers on a timely basis.
Working at REI as an Automation and Design Controls Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge and skills in a fast-paced, safety-conscious manufacturing environment. In this vital role as a Controls Engineer II, you will be responsible for designing, programming and installing robotic systems and the associated interfacing with other factory control systems including PLCs (programmable logic controller) and HMI (human-machine interface) / SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) software.
Automation and Design Controls Engineer Responsibilities:
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment
- Make system device lists or event timing charts
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Design end-of-arm tooling
- Analyze & evaluate robotic systems or prototypes
- Install, calibrate, operate, or maintain robotics
- Provide technical support for robotic systems
- Design PLC/HMI/Robotics/Vision system (programming & creation of technical documents such as user requirements, functional specifications, detailed design specifications)
- Create, write, and/or modify preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, start up, and other procedures as well as develop preventative maintenance schedules
- Responsible for complex technical projects from the concept and detail of the design through implementation and testing, ensuring the production operations are safe, stable, and efficient
- Prepare training materials and train production & maintenance personnel on usage & maintenance of new or modified equipment or processes.
Automation and Design Controls Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Robotics Engineering or other technical degree applicable to the position is required.
- 2-4 years’ engineering design experience in manufacturing/robotics required.
- Designing and programming PLC, HMI, and SCADA software required.
- Knowledge of robotics such as EPSON, Fanuc, Denso to determine robot sizing, torque/speed calculation, and specifying products for each application.
- Good project management skills with ability to create technical documentation.
- Ability to perform system design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and other application software used in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Experience in Powder Filling, Plastics Molding & Assembly, Packaging, and Material Handling industries is a plus.
AA/M/F/VETERANS/Individuals with Disabilities, EOE, Drug-Free Workplace