Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Assistant Production Supervisor, working with the team Lead People, will be responsible for production operations which include CNC Milling, Finishing Operations, Final Inspection and Manual and Automated Assemblies. Must have 3 years’ experience supervising in a manufacturing environment but will train the right person.
The Assistant Production Supervisor as part of the Manufacturing Team will be responsible for each of the following:
· Increased operator efficiency and overall OEE
· Driving cost reduction initiatives
· A focus on Quality and On Time deliveries
· Promoting a culture of Continuous Improvement of machinery, products, and processes
· Strong leadership skills – ability to energize and inspire others with “healthy” performance tensions. Ability and willingness to hold self and employees accountable. Gets people working in teams; celebrates their successes. Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
· Self-starter, tenacious and strong team player.
· Working with Production Control and team leads, schedule and assign work to people within the department to assist the manufacturing team in achieving a 99% on time delivery.
· Promote cross training of team members wherever possible to grow the work force and increase coverage of all jobs.
· Follows and promotes principles of “right things right”. Focused on Safety.
· Working with Engineering and Quality help create and write work instructions, process sheets etc. when required.
· * Be proactive in all New Product Development initiatives. This includes the pulling of new products from R&D into production and taking ownership of the tooling, equipment and processes prior to the go live date.
· * Must be able to work extended hours and Saturdays as needed