To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ashland, PA 17921
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Gurus • Ashland, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
World class organization located in Ashland, PA is seeking a highly experienced, high-performance Purchasing Manager responsible for directing and managing cost-effective processes, policies and support for all purchasing related activities.
● Maximize the value of the spend while ensuring adherence to all procurement policies & procedures.
● Ensure the efficient processing of all requests, RFQ’s and purchase orders, maintaining high customer service while maintaining vendor relationships.
● Design and develop supplier development initiatives.
● Meet and report defined supplier service and quality levels and cost and savings metrics.
● Manage the supplier base using the following tools; Supplier report cards, costs, quality, on time delivery and cooperation/services. Likewise developing alternate sources
● Purchasing through Odyssey ERP; managing vendor data, requisitions, P.O., inventory levels, BOM usage.
● Work with receiving and Quality Assurance to ensure all items ordered are received and transferred to stock or the appropriate party in a timely manner.
● Actively engage with production scheduling to be aware of ever changing requirements.
● Assure that all related policies, standards, specifications, systems and procedures are documented, current and accurate and in compliance with quality management procedures and other governing authorities including Sarbanes Oxley.
● Build organizational capability through effective hiring, associate development and leadership. Continuously improving team effectiveness through coaching and cross team collaboration.
● Drive supplier assessment, selection, evaluation and development process in line with both team and corporate strategies. Interface with ITT Global Supply Chain / IP Global Sourcing.
● Provide expertise as required with sensitive negotiation and/or higher impact purchases.
● Manage total cost and profit optimization for all parties within the supply chain through the use of the company and supplier resources to gain and / or maintain a competitive market advantage.
● Perform material demand analysis.
● Drive lean supply chain, inclusive of supplier consignment activities with key suppliers
● Maintain key supplier relationships. This includes issues identification and resolution, vendor performance against key metrics, user satisfaction and other tactical activities
● Facilitate the processing, including any appropriate communication, of all purchase requests, quotations and purchase orders in timely manner.
● Work with receiving and Quality Assurance to ensure all items ordered are received and transferred to stock or the appropriate party in a timely manner
● Assure that all related policies, standards, specifications, systems and procedures are documented, current and accurate and in compliance with quality system procedures and other governing authorities including Sarbanes Oxley.
● Develop and execute strategies to support business objectives for product quality, cost and delivery within proscribed budgets.
● Participate in strategically critical projects that bring value to the Company through cost reductions, quality improvement, supplier relationships, commodity focus, supplier consolidation, and cost/benefit financial analysis.
● Assist and advise all departments with material/supplier issues. Actively pursue alternative solutions with input from departments.
● Implements purchasing policies and practices, throughout department, other departments, and with all suppliers/vendors
● Ensure purchases maximize inventory utilization, being knowledgeable of inventory usage as it dictates stocking requirement, ensuring continuous flow of materials to stock
● Manage the supplier base, developing alternate sources, staying current of product changes and changing production needs, including monitoring and controlling price/cost variances
● Assists other department managers, and instructs buyers, in information, techniques, and/or experience required for optimum negotiation
● Company spends approximately 70% of its revenue on purchased goods and services. Converting scrap and raw materials into salable alloys is a core process. Wise buying will play as significant role in determining a profitable outcome.
● Managing the vendor base with well-defined purchase orders, objective data, clear deliverables, measured results, feedback, and integrity will be critical in a successful outcome for this position.
● Communication with your internal customer to not only buy what was ask for but to present options for what they need. Explaining cost saving measures on purchase quantities, shipping frequency and inventory management to the internal customer will be part of this role.
● Communication and expectations to the external suppliers will be just as critical. This role will act as manager of our extended work force we buy products and services.
● Reporting and summarizing activities will be part of this role.
● Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
● CPM required, CPIM preferred
● 5+ years direct purchasing in a manufacturing environment
● 3-5 years in a supervisory/managerial role.
● Experience in a manufacturing environment with contract manufacturers, foundry & fabricator experience preferred.
● In depth understanding of Purchasing processes, systems & controls.
● Lean supply chain/operations, including implementation of lean concepts.
● Proficient in personal computer applications and MRP/ERP based platform.
● Strong negotiation & contract management skills
● Excellent oral & written communication skills.
● Ability to develop collaborative relationships
● Excellent analytical, problem solving & decision making skills