My client is a 2B privately-held, multi-national organization that is seeking a progressive Senior Accountant. Currently my client is experiencing tremendous growth and is expanding their accounting operations. This role offers high-visibility and a clear track to Senior Management
· Work with our accounting and business partners across all companies to ensure inter-company cross charges are transferred and recorded in a timely manner.
· Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly, resolve issues timely and ensure balances are properly supported and explained.
· Support the monthly financial close process by processing the necessary journal entries ensuring accuracy and timelines with adherence to the month-end deadline.
· Perform general ledger activities such as journal entries for accruals or reclassifications.
· Partner with other departments to ensure all internal controls are adhered to and financial statements are fairly and accurately presented.
· Review and analyze monthly activities for accuracy providing recommendations when opportunities for improvement are presented.
· Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries.
· Ensure all accounting procedures, records, and reports conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Prepare Ad Hoc Analyses and complete projects.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· BS / BA in Accounting preferred. CPA (plus)
· Retail industry experience required
· Corporate banking experience preferred
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting, including 2 years of relevant retail industry experience.
· Inter-company accounting experience and knowledge of multi-currency operations preferred
· Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to problems
· Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel
· Proficient in Hyperion Essbase and AS / 400 (plus)
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles