The ability to manage crews on multiple projects. This role provides leadership and direction to the construction foreman and their crews with the accountability for all aspects of each
project to which his or her crew(s) are assigned; including safety, quality and productivity.
This individual will function as an advocate and role model for our leadership principles and culture of personal responsibility while representing the company through all interactions with the public and our customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead assigned crews to achieve productivity, quality and safety goals.
- Assist in Project Estimating bid preparations and proposals to ensure all bids are accurate and profitable.
- Supervise the implementation of the daily SOP's and daily progress reports, assist the PM with payroll, Accounts Payable, employee credit cards and revenue tracking.
- Assigns the necessary tools, materials and equipment from the corporate leasing company to meet the construction crew's needs.
- Reviews project progress adjusting to stay on budget.
- Reviews the safety and quality reports, investigating the root causes of incidents and accidents. Establishes short and/or long-term corrective actions and training if needed.
- Oversees processes to achieve internal and external compliance requirements.
- Manages Foreman and/or their crews to respond urgently in crisis, such as, incidents or outages, malfunctions, etc.
- Analyze procedures for continuous process improvement.
- Interview and hire crew members.
- Train employees in proper procedures and specifications.
- Mentor and develop employees for succession planning.
- Conduct performance reviews of employees.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College degree in Construction related field preferred.
- 7+ years Construction / Project or Crew Supervision experience required.
- Must possess valid CDL Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Prefer experience with "clearing and matting' supervision
- CPR/ First Aid preferred but will train.
- OSHA 30 required will refresh if older than 5 years.
- Self-starter, ability to handle criticism, flexible and work well with limited direction.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment both within a team or independently.
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to learn and utilize specialized software applications.
- Familiarity in project scope development, budgeting, scheduling, risk management and contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of construction methods, techniques, materials, tools, precautions, utilities and field safety.
- Ability to direct work safely and efficiently under high standards and tight timeframes.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, speaking and writing skills.
- Highly organized, analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate in English; work from instructions, plans and sketches.
- Ability to keep records, prepare work and time reports.
- Portray a positive and winning attitude with a team mindset always.
Sterling Site Access Solutions is a EEO/AAP employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.