Human Resources Compliance and Responsibilities:
● Is accountable to ensure the Costello’s operates in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment legislation and regulations.
● Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains policies and procedures handbook(s) and job descriptions.
● Creates, develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
● Develop relationship and rapport with Costello’s management and provide coaching to managers regarding employee relations, employment laws in multiple states on ways to enhance employee productivity and work with them to resolve any HR/employee relations issues onsite.
● Complete site visits to all locations and ensure safety and labor law compliance.
● Complete various HR related reports including the EEO1 Reporting, OSHA 300, 401K census and benefit census annually, and other reports as needed.
● Handle any HR related complaints and complete full investigations, make recommendations, and follow up with all involved parties.
● Assist department in completing all terminations (resignations, terminations for cause & layoffs) which includes preparing separation & severance agreements, when applicable, conducting exit interviews and handling any termination related issues.
● Conducts all verifications of employment for current & past employees, when applicable.
● Handle JJ Keller compliance portal and ensure drivers are in compliance with DOT.
● Manage all FMLA, workers compensation, short term disability, New York Paid Family Leave claims. This includes obtaining all necessary paperwork and reviewing for compliance, completing employer sections, filing/submitting claims, maintaining contact with employees on return to work dates, work restrictions, etc.
● Oversee the weekly payroll including notifying employees of payroll garnishments, setting up amortization schedules and reviewing the payroll prior to submission for accuracy. Backup to process payroll in the absence of the Payroll Administrator.
● Assist in new hire orientations and on-boarding process.
● Create, monitor, and implement employee incentive plans.
● Ensure annual performance reviews are completed and reviewed on time according to performance due dates.
● Conducts performance evaluations for all subordinates and provides recommendations regarding potential promotions and/or demotions for subordinates.
● Assist in the supervision of the Human Resources personnel including recruiting, payroll, and training.
● Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
Benefits Administration & Compliance:
● Facilitate all aspects of benefits administration including working with brokers to find affordable plans, ensuring ACA compliance, contract negotiations with insurance providers, open enrollment process, enrolling new hires & new participants in all benefit plans.
● Complete annual ACA reporting.
● Act as the company expert in all benefit plan designs and point of contact for benefit questions and to include claims resolution.
● Facilitate and communicate available benefits including 401k and supplemental insurance policies.
● Track Time off Accruals and reset on annual basis. Ensure employees use accrued time before year end.
● Establishes and maintains Human Resource records and reports.
● Participates in company meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars and training.
● Compile company-wide weekly newsletter highlights including promotions, new hires, events at various locations and birthday & work anniversaries.
● Maintains company documents such as organization charts, employee directory, store lists on intranet site.
● Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
● Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
● Assist department with supply ordering and equipment for stores, new hires, and corporate office.
● Provide support to the Executive team.
● Assist the Human Resources Department with other HR related tasks and duties as assigned.
The Human Resources and Benefits Manager will possess the following:
● Bachelor degree in Human Resources or other business field, preferred
● Three years of HR Generalist experience
● Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong knowledge of human resource principals, practices and legal issues
● Great time management skills
● Remarkable conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
● Sense of urgency and follow through are essential
● Reliable transportation and wiliness to drive to company locations
● Flexible schedule, willing to work weekends and evenings when needed
Reports to: Director of Human Resources