White Horse Village (WHV), a retirement community located in Newtown Square, PA is seeking to add a Sous Chef to their team! This position offers a sign on bonus, great managers, a great environment, full benefits package that includes healthcare, dental and vision insurance, short term disability, generous time off, multiple bonus eligibility, 403b match after 1 year, and so much more! This position is ideal for someone who wants to show off their culinary expertise while keeping a qualify of work/life balance!
· Review and complete catering functions.
· Set up cleaning and sanitizing stations.
· Attend and participate in the daily production meetings.
· Assist with lunch service.
· Set up next day daily lunch specials.
· Begin dinner preparation.
· Review all daily tallies and pars.
· Prepared textured diet needs.
· Record food temperatures on production sheets.
· Record daily meal counts on production sheets.
· Assist executive chef with the planning of menus for special functions and catering events.
· Oversee and produce food in accordance with pre-established standards of the department.
· Check to see that the next day functions and all meal preparation are complete.
· Assist with closing of the kitchen.
· Supervise the production of all special diets for the health center.
· Supervises utility personnel and insures proper dishwashing, pot washing and sanitation procedures for the entire kitchen area.
· Insures proper food handling, storage and safety procedures are followed
· Complete dinner preparation for the next day.
· Responsible for all food products served.
· Assist executive chef in determining food, supplies and equipment needed to operate the kitchen.
· Review and assign daily cleaning assignments.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.