About Promotion in Motion Companies, Inc. (PIM):
We are one of North America’s premier makers of fruit snacks, confections and other treats. Ranked amongst the top 50 on Candy Industry Magazine’s “Global Top 100” confectionery companies in the world. PIM has also been named as one of the fastest growing CPG companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group and IRI, for the fourth time in six years to receive this recognition.
At PIM our goal is simple: We delight consumers with delicious, high quality snacks and confections. Our commitment is to develop, manufacture and market the highest quality products in a responsible, ethical and transparent manner. We put consumers at the core of what we do and are continually looking to improve our people, knowledge, processes and technologies to accomplish this.
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, oversight, and leading strategic and high priority innovation and packaging projects from ideation through completion with specific focus on International and Pharmaceutical business units, with focus on delivering against objectives and continuously improving process.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a consumer-packaged goods (CPG) company environment and well versed at interacting with and influencing multifunctional teams of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving parts simultaneously while driving excellence in execution. The goal is to commercialize from ideation to successful market launch meeting timelines established.
- Be the subject matter expert on new product development process and timelines
- Lead project teams to define objectives, success criteria, resources, costs and timelines to deliver flawlessly against goals
- Work with Marketing, Procurement, and Operations teams to help plan projects and related timelines in advance and to develop key project success criteria
- Develop and own project timelines, using appropriate software (Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.), and manage day-to-day elements
- Organize and run regular (and ad hoc) project meetings, ensuring all key stakeholders agree to what they need to do and are meeting deliverables
- Constructively collaborate and help trouble-shoot and resolve conflicts
- Communicate levels of risk and ways to mitigate
- Foster teamwork and enthusiasm and celebrate success
- Conduct extensive postmortem analysis with functional team key stakeholders to compare original project timeline to actual final timeline for wins, losses, accentuating the positives, and solving negatives for future projects
- Liaise with multiple functions regularly, outside of weekly project meetings, to build relationships, collaboratively solve problems and drive to project completion. Functions include Marketing, Sales,
- Procurement, Graphic/Design, Packaging, R&D, Demand Planning, Finance, Logistics, Operations, Engineering and outside vendors as appropriate.
- Build positive internal customer relationships, works effectively with team members, peers and management both internally and externally.
- Display a positive behavior, professional manner, and a willingness to be a team player and assist others at all levels.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- College degree, preferably specialized in Business, Business Administration of Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
- 5 years’ experience in project management, or supply chain management, preferably in consumer-packaged goods industry
- Excel with written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated software skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project or similar programs
- Track record of delivering results
- Leadership and influence: able to influence and motivate people who are not direct reports
- Organization, attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to thrive in situations of complexity and ambiguity while functioning at a high level of productivity in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with ability to work with all functional players and understands how to navigate
- Flexibility to step outside the bounds of normal roles to help get it done
- Excellent follow-up
- Sensitive to handling confidential information, and ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
- Approachable, authentic and genuine.
What We Offer:
We invite you to come and build a SWEET career at PIM. Our entrepreneurial environment is perfect for action-oriented individuals who enjoy a non-bureaucratic structure. Make an immediate and lasting impact while helping to grow our iconic brands.
PIM offers competitive pay and a comprehensive set of benefits for which each Associate is eligible on their first day of employment.
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, vision care, flexible spending accounts for you and your dependents
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid time-off including sick/personal days, vacation, and company holidays
- Wellness Programs
- Scholarship Program
- Commuter Plan
Our Key Principles:
- Put Consumers First: Understand consumers and address their needs and desires.
- Accessible: We strive to make our brands available in traditional retail and online – anywhere consumers want to find them.
- Transparency: Be open and honest about our products, ingredients, how we make them and label them.
- Responsibility: We do not advertise on any media outlets aimed at children under age 13 and have signed an industry commitment to abide by this standard.
- Community: We partner with local and national organizations on strategic initiatives to help our communities thrive.
- Fun and Goodness: At the end of the day, we make snacks and treats that bring joy and goodness to peoples’ lives.
Life at PIM:
We believe to our core that our true competitive advantage is talented Associates who share our values and our passion for the business.
A lot of companies talk about being entrepreneurial. At PIM, we live it every day. Associates are empowered to make decisions and bureaucracy is kept to a minimum.
Attracting, selecting, and developing top talent is what differentiates us from the competition.
You can make an immediate and lasting contribution to help grow our iconic snacking and confectionery brands, no matter your area of expertise.
We are a privately held mid-sized, global company with limited bureaucracy, committed to investing in the business.
Be part of a fast-paced environment that provides challenging opportunities to learn and grow your career. We recognize and reward achievement and foster great teamwork through collaborative and strong relationships with colleagues.
Enjoy your work and be part of a fun team and industry.
PIM is an equal opportunity employer, and an e-verify employer.
Consumer Packaged Goods
Attention To Detail