Leads the Company’s Process Water and Wastewater service line. Develops and leads a successful and profitable service line in collaboration with other engineering groups. Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering Services, this position is responsible for developing and managing a significant portfolio of professional engineering services with a focus on process water and process wastewater projects.
The Director will provide hands on management and supervision of resources and assignments, specifically related to process water and wastewater services; as practice leader, responsible for supporting public and private sector markets and as a technical resource, managing significant accounts and projects. The position may be located in Glens Falls, Troy, Poughkeepsie or White Plains offices.
Key job requirements
- Process water and wastewater design experience
- Project manager experience
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
PE licensure is a nice to have certification
- 20 years plus experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as Director with responsibility for day to day operations of the process water and process wastewater service line. Supervises support staff and interfaces with others throughout the Company as necessary.
- Participates in planning and implementing business development activities related to process water and wastewater services offered to public and private sector clients/markets. Provides input into department and company-wide business and planning processes.
- Recruits, trains, mentors and coaches all service line staff within the process water and process wastewater services group. Ensures HR programs and practices are implemented to attract, motivate and retain professional talent within this engineering service line.
- Ensures implementation of the companies practices for projects, including the proper implementation of engineering standards and operating procedures and industry standard QAQC procedures.
- Defines, monitors and performs analyses of financial goals for the process water and wastewater service line.
- Manages a group portfolio of projects including schedules, financials and staff, assignments to PM’s and technical leads and supporting staff/sub-consultants. Excellent communication skills are required for this position as the candidate will be dealing with clients while representing the company.
- May serve as project manager for significant accounts and may serve as a technical lead on critical projects.
- Provides technical engineering expertise across the company and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/ Education/ Experience-
· Desired Criteria includes: BS/MS Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering, 20 years (minimum) experience.
· Licensed and registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of New York, or with the ability to become licensed in the State of New York within one (1) year of employment.
· Key skills include leadership, communication, technical expertise, project management, staff management, client management, business development, knowledge of industry, regulatory programs and the entitlement process, including SEQR/NEPA, QAQC programs, task and time management skills, organizational skills, and good interpersonal skills.
· This position requires the candidate to be responsible to manage staff including full time, part time and on call employees within the process water and wastewater engineering service line.