Hardware and Lab Management Systems Engineer - Secret Clearance
Location: Fairfax, VA 22033
Duration: 6-12 months, then potential direct hire
You MUST be a US Citizen.
You MUST have an Active DoD Secret Clearance.
You are a skilled systems engineer who knows how to design, develop, deploy, and maintain a hardware and lab environment for projects related to the defense industry.
You fully understand a Linux environment, including servers and desktops, and virtualization. You are decent with Windows platforms, too.
You know Information Assurance (patching, STIGs, etc), and have systems administration experience.
Ideally, you have IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ certification).
Here a few things you will be responsible for doing:
- Perform requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Perform technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Perform customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
- Perform detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements
- Develop and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Contribute to detailed technical analyses at the system of system (SOS) level
- Synthesize solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Lead Modeling and Simulation activities
- Research and analyze data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Support the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Research, design, and develop systems, in conjunction with software and hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of systems engineering, modeling and simulation and analysis
- Provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Lead technical tasks for small teams or projects
- Provide engineering support to proposals
- Participate in or lead SOW generation for subcontracts
- Plan and execute significant project tasks for activities described above
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Design a complete and complex framework, system or product
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead)
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Identify, analyze and resolve system design weaknesses
- Frequent contact with other project teams, managers within and outside of Engineering, and external customers and vendors
- Work without appreciable direction
- Provide resolution to a diverse range of complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity
- Keep up with technology trends
To be considered, you'll need the following in your background...
- US Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
- 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's Degree, 6 years with Master's
- Proven hardware and lab management experience.
- Hands-on Linux System Admin for server and desktop experience (our main environment)
- Windows server and desktop experience
- Information assurance experience (patching, STIGs, etc)
- COTS Software Implementation
- Ability to get buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Creative thinker
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Outstanding ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design
- Deep understanding of basic project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls
- Willing to travel occasionally
- IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ certification)
- Agile experience
Be recognized for your expertise!
Click "Apply" now.