United Leasing, Inc., a division of United Companies, is hiring a Human Resources Specialist for our HR team at our Evansville, Indiana corporate headquarters location. This full-time salaried and exempt position is responsible for coordinating and continuously improving upon various Human Resources (HR) functions to include recruiting, training, employee relations, project management, as well as ensuring compliance with applicable employment-related laws.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Recruiting: Perform a variety of recruiting functions to include: job descriptions, job postings, participation in job fairs and hiring events, interviewing, coordinating and interpreting assessments, drug screen resulting, order and communicate resulting from background checks, develop offer letters, onboarding, new hire paperwork, orientation training, reporting on recruitment metrics, and related activities.
Training: Provide training support duties to include: scheduling training events; registering employees for training attendance and systems access; delivering training to groups and individuals; monitoring feedback; maintaining training documentation; ensuring monthly reporting of training records.
Employee Relations: Duties to include: serving as a resource for employee issues; partnering with management on a variety of topics and projects; assist with investigations; provide support for disciplinary actions.
HR Administration & Compliance: Duties to include: employee files maintenance; update HR intranet and external website content; lead employee handbook updates; ensure proper accident reporting; administer worker's compensation claims; conduct audits of various kinds, draw conclusions, and make recommendations based on the data; participate in policy and procedure reviews; assist in reporting, measuring and obtaining key HR metrics; submit HR-related company newsletter updates; update organization charts and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS); serve as back-up for Benefits Specialist for benefits-related and leave-related issues.
Special Projects: Complete special projects and duties related to HR as assigned, such as conducting research, auditing to assure compliance with employment law and procedures, regulatory compliance, metrics reporting and analysis, etc. Travel as business needs may require. Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by management.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork within the department and with other departments
- Participate in various cross-functional teams
- Evaluate, recommend, and execute approved process improvements
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Education: 4-year degree (Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts) in Human Resources or a related field (preferred) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 1+ years of experience with HR-type functions (such as hiring, interviewing, supervising, coaching, progressive discipline, training, etc.).
- Skills & Abilities: Possess a sound understanding of Human Resources concepts and principles. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal abilities to deal effectively with employees and external contacts at all levels. Possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases (HRIS experience is preferred) and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must consistently demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Possess a basic understanding of employment law. Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality in all aspects of work.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify as circumstances or business needs require.