To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
71 Executive Boulevard
Farmingdale, NY 11735
- Gabriella Pereira
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Alcott HR • Farmingdale, NY
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Alcott HR, is a leading HRO (Human Resource Outsourcing) providing HR support and employer services to small and mid-sized organizations that need affordable and effective HR solutions. We are seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist (Bilingual English/Spanish-speaking preferred) to join our growing team. We offer a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere, access to great benefits and a competitive salary.
As a member of the Payroll Service Team, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing assigned payrolls and analyzing, processing and ensuring timely handling of all employee records.
As a Payroll Specialist, your objective will be to:
• Build and maintain rapport, engagement and the highest customer service levels, with client base as an advisor on payroll related matters; collaborating with other Alcott HR team members as necessary
• Ensure the timely analysis and handling of all employee records from hire through termination
To achieve your objective, your job responsibilities will include:
• Processing assigned payrolls utilizing the HRIS system
• Maintaining compliance with company policies and government regulations
• Reviewing payroll to ensure accuracy by examining work for exactness and clarity and issuing written and verbal instructions to clients to ensure compliance to proper procedures
• Maintaining current knowledge of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws, and corresponding with federal, state and local tax agencies on behalf of the client
• Coordinating and processing new hire and termination paperwork in accordance with timelines for payroll processing
• Collaborating with other Alcott HR functional areas when necessary
In order to be considered for the Payroll Specialist position, candidates must possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Well-rounded experience in the payroll field with 5 or more years of payroll processing experience; multi-state experience is preferred
• Professional and adaptable bi-lingual communication skills (Spanish/English verbal and written) and building rapport with individuals at all levels of an organization
• Understanding of federal and state employment regulations, strong familiarity with wage and hour regulations
• Customer service oriented
• MS Word and MS Excel proficiency
• Proficient with HRIS and/or payroll systems
• Ability to learn and work in a Windows-based database system
• FPC or CPP are preferred
What we offer:
Alcott HR offers a competitive compensation package that includes employer contributions towards health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement and an HSA as well as tuition assistance and paid time off.
About Alcott HR:
Alcott HR is an industry-leading Human Resource Outsourcing (HRO). We act as an HR department for our clients, taking on HR administration, benefits and payroll responsibilities and freeing business leaders to focus on leading their businesses. We have been in business for more than 25 years and are one of the most stable and financially secure companies within our industry. We were recently named one of the 150 largest privately held companies in New York by Crain’s New York Business Magazine.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Alcott HR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alcott HR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.