VT Group is seeking Electronic Technician 1-3 located in San Diego, CA with work in Bremerton, Washington and Pearl Harbor, HI (among others).
General technical knowledge to build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and electrical or electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties:
- Discusses standard layout and assembly procedures and problems with senior level technicians. May draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Assembles routine circuitry (breadboard) or complete prototype model.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance to supervisor.
- Sets up standard test apparatus and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Utilizes technical reports and charts, graphs, and schematics for system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions with supervisor.
- Formal electronics training from Technical School, or Class A or B military school in electronics or communications,
- Two (2) year contractor apprenticeship that included at least six months of formal classroom training that addressed Installation Tasks, Soldering, Cable Dressing, Cable Tray, Conduit, and Making/Repairing Connectors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Should have the following certifications:
o Multi-pin Connector Certification
o Cableway Certification
o Fiber Optic Connector Certification
o Shipyard Competent Person
• Valid driver's license
- Must be able to travel as required
- Must be familiar with shipboard installation practices and NAVSEA Standards