Revenue Cycle Analyst
1. The Revenue Cycle Analyst serves in an analytical and an internal "consultative" capacity providing data driven insights and action information to drive improvement, increase efficiency, and implement best practices in revenue cycle operations.
2. Develops and maintains department dashboards and distributes reports to appropriate audience. This includes departmental KPIs and reports, executive dashboards, staff productivity, and quality reports, etc.
3. Reports on daily operational statistics as requested by leadership, key findings, insights and recommendations to respective counterparts and plays an active role if requested in any and all A/R Management, Billing, and Denials Management related group forums.
4. Analyzes data for insights into claims management, and for special prevention and denials management projects. This includes identifying denial trends by root cause, payor-related issues, physician trends, etc.
5. The Data Analyst provides analytical expertise to help run the various corporate revenue cycle departments effectively and efficiently. Role involves collection of data in relation to billing, accounts receivable, denials, underpayments, appeals and audits. Respective data will need to be interpreted and analyzed.
6. Collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information from various data sources with attention to detail and accuracy, including timeliness.
7. Provide primary support of revenue cycle.
8. Responsible for Charge Description Master (CDM) for all facilities: Audits, Maintenance (Changes/Configures/Price Increases/Updates), Usage Reporting, and Validation.
9. Collaborates with the managed care team and performs revenue modeling of managed care contract proposals in Allscripts Pathways Contract Management (PCON) and provides a detailed financial analysis to the managed care team.
- - Previous (10+ years) revenue cycle analyst experience in a healthcare organization.
- - Excellent analytical skills
- - Excellent excel and Pivot Table skills
- - Allscripts experience a plus.