Corporate Safety Manager
Do you desire to be recognized for the exceptional quality of work you do? Are you career focused and ready to take that next step in moving your career forward? We’re looking for a passionate safety professional to join our client companies dynamic team. We invite you to read further to understand the details of this position and how you can make a meaningful impact within this outstanding company.
We are seeking a Safety Manager in the corporate offices of a highly successful restaurant corporation based in Houston. To be successful in this role, candidates will be a motivated, dynamic leader with previous experience as a safety professional in a similar industry. Candidates will have experience in conducting safety audits, identifying risks, developing solutions and implementing programs.
The Safety Specialist will be responsible for providing safety assessments and implementation of safety strategies along with performing safety audits at restaurants to reduce accidents and minimize casualty related risks. The individual in this role will assist the Director of Risk Management in identifying, developing and implementing company wide safety strategies, programs and practices to mitigate risk, reduce the frequency and severity of injuries to employees and Guests and assure compliance with applicable safety regulations.
• Performs safety audits of restaurant and related facilities.
• Assist in development and implementation of accident prevention strategies for safety and injury prevention with a goal of reducing accidents and casualty related costs.
• Identify exposures that could lead to employee / Guest accidents, security issues or property damage.
• Recognize behavior cues / unsafe acts and coach staff member in a positive manner.
• Inspect fire safety and fire suppression systems.
• Inspect equipment for electrical hazards and Lockout / Tagout compliance.
• Collaborates with operations in new equipment deployment by testing and creating training material.
• Act as the point of contact for OSHA related matters.
• Conduct accident investigations after OSHA related accidents.
• Conduct Safety related training /meetings.
• Evaluate emerging risks provide solutions for compliance.
• Maintain records for safety programs (logs, surveys, reports, inspections).
• Assist with identification of root causes.
• Develop effective interdepartmental relationships.
• Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
• Consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
Corporate Safety Specialist
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of safety experience preferably in foodservice, hospitality or retail
• Bilingual, a plus
• Preferred Certifications: ASP, Associate Safety Professional, CSP, Certified Safety Professional, CSHO, Certified Safety & Health Official, CSE, Certified Safety Engineer, CSHM, Certified Safety & Health Manager
• A valid Texas driver’s license with acceptable driving record
• Experience in a safety position with similar exposures to the restaurant, hospitality, food service or retail industry.
• Experience in conducting safety audits.
• Experience in working with OSHA Compliance Officers including conducting opening conferences and inspections.
• Ability to understand technical information and convert to operation procedures.
• Ability to read schematics / diagrams of equipment.
• Ability to create training materials for safety procedures including equipment operation.
• Conduct safety audits at restaurants 2 to 3 days a week at minimum using personal vehicle.
Superior benefits and competitive salary will be offered to the selected candidates.
Certified Safety Professional