Providence is a community hospital affiliated with Prime Healthcare. Providence is also affiliated with Saint John Hospital, located in Leavenworth, Kan. More than 1,400 skilled and qualified individuals provide nursing, medical and support services. Staff along with about 200 devoted volunteers help us serve the health needs of Wyandotte, Leavenworth and northern Johnson counties and surrounding areas.
Providence is also certified as a Medicare/Medicaid provider and approved to accept many major health insurance plans.
Providence does not discriminate with regard to race, color, age, national origin, disability, sex or religion in admitting or providing services and programs to patients/clients.
Director of Emergency Department is a Registered Nurse who assumes 24 hour administrative responsibility for the management and coordination of all Emergency Care Nursing Service functions. Supervises, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care. Develops and implements departmental plans including performance improvement activities and compliance with current regulations. Assumes 24 hour accountability for the ED department. Supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the ED and effectively utilizes nursing personnel, time responsibilities for the ED and is directly accountable to the CNO or Administrator. Consults and communicates with staff, physicians and administration both written and verbally on nursing issues and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Interacts with outside agencies, patients and patients' families/significant other(s) to provide comprehensive care. Provides triage and treatment to pediatric, adult and geriatric patients seeking emergency care. Assumes house supervisory responsibilities as assigned, including responding to codes throughout the hospital, assessing and charting, and following through with appropriate documentation.
- Current and valid state license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)-(AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- Current PALS upon hire and maintain current.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) upon hire and maintained current.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
- A minimum of two years supervisory/management experience necessary.
- Minimum of three years of continuous clinical experience in a clinical/acute care setting.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Licensed Vocational Nurses
Intensive Care Unit