Location: Cleveland, NC
Duration: 9 months with possible extension/ with possible contract to hire
This group is looking to hire a Production Supervisor for Chassis Line Production. The ideal candidate will not just be responsible for supervising the work of other. They will also be responsible for coaching, conflict resolution, and serving as a link between team members and upper management.
This shift has 2-3 other Chassis Production Supervisors. Each Supervisor is responsible for roughly 40-60 uaw workers. The Production Supervisor will also work closely with Supervisors on other shifts to ensure that notes and tasks are transitioned seamlessly.
- Responsible for planning and allocating manpower to support the daily requirements of the production area.
- Support the development of the plant strategic plan for improvement and implementation of Truck Operating System/ Lean production system within the operating unit.
- Support the training matrix by continually evaluating and developing Team Leader and employee skill level as required to increase flexibility and meet safety goals.
- Promote and execute Truck Operating Systems problem solving techniques across teams in an effort to improve area efficiency.
- Administer Company and Departmental policies and procedures. Address and resolve employee relations issues as they arise.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing by using Continuous Improvement and 5S tools.
- Maintain Quality Standards and Cost Efficiency
- Conduct daily inspections of work areas to ensure compliance with safety and environmental policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degrees highly preferred)
- 3-4 years of supervisor level experience
- Experience working within a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience working within a fast paced and complex organization
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working within a UAW environment
- Local candidates highly preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19-10941
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ICONMA is a consulting firm providing Professional Services and Solutions to Fortune 1000 customers nationwide in various industries including: Automotive, Bio-Tech, Communications, Defense, Financial Services, Food and Beverage, Healthcare, Insurance, Logistics, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Technology, Telecommunications and Utilities.
ICONMA is a Certified "Woman-Owned Business Enterprise", certified by Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC).
ICONMA was founded on the principle that success is derived from delivering high quality service while being responsible, flexible, and innovative. ICONMA invests in people and resources with a single goal: To provide our customers with the highest quality service in the most responsive manner.
We measure success by the success of our customers. As a business partner, we know that world-class service and cost effective solutions are the primary keys to success. ICONMA uses technical expertise and business knowledge to help customers achieve these objectives.
Nationwide presence helps ICONMA support clients with multiple locations. We help organizations operate more productively; improve profitability, top-line growth, customer service and cost management by providing:
- Full Range of Specialized Staffing Services and Solutions including: Managed Resources, Individual Consulting, Contract to Hire, Direct Hire, Payroll Services and On-site Management.
- Extended Offshore Staffing Program
- Project Delivery
Through its network of offices, ICONMA provides the resources to help clients maintain their competitive advantage. Our complete line of staffing services offer high-level professionals with the skills our clients require in various areas including:
- Information Technology
- Digital Interactive Design
We provide consultants for:
View the full profile
- Long or short term opportunities
- Contract-to-Hire opportunities
- Direct Hire opportunities