To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1415 West Diehl Road
Naperville, IL 60563
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inbound Logistics Manager
Eby-Brown Company, LLC • Naperville, IL
Posted 2 months ago
In general, the Inbound Logistics Manager is responsible to maximize profits on inbound freight while efficiently maintaining transportation service standards and internal scheduling requirements as established with input by the Eby-Brown Vice Presidents of Operations. The Corporate Inbound Freight Manager reports to the Executive Vice President of Merchandising.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting, maintaining and staying current with the Department of Transportation (DOT) standards as established by government regulators
- Responsible for supervising the daily operations of the corporate driving fleet and plant pickups, maintaining the highest service level for shipments and pickups
- Responsible for the implementation of all profitable inbound freight opportunities as proposed through the Traffic Management System (TMS) 2000
- Responsible for negotiating rates with the Less than Truckload (LTL) carriers to gain the best discounts, volume pricing, Freight All Kinds (FAK) ratings, single shipment charges, minimum charges, notifications, charges and carrier tariffs
- Responsible for negotiating rates with the truckload carriers to get the best possible rates for the truckload movements
- Responsible for maintaining daily communications with the day warehouse managers, buyers and Executive Vice President of Merchandising for any interhouse delays or no-fit opportunities
- Responsible for maintaining the vehicle maintenance schedules of the equipment to meet safety standards of the DOT
- Responsible for reviewing all prepaid invoices for receipt of our negotiated pickup allowances for Free on Board (FOB) pricing
- Responsible for ensuring that all carriers have signed a transportation contract with Eby-Brown before any business is achieved with a carrier; responsible to review that our carriers’ operating authorities and insurance certificates are on file
- Responsible for maintaining the alcohol and random drug testing schedule, DOT files, vehicle maintenance files and log books