DISTRICT SALES MANAGER – BUILDING PRODUCTS
Territory: MD, PA, OH, VA, WV, MD, DE, NJ, DC
· Develop and execute a strategic plan for district, by customer, product and geographical area (including sales plan and shipping profit plan).
· Develop and execute market share gains by customer, product and geographical area.
· Develop and execute a plan to drive specifications within district while working closely with Regional Specification Manager.
· Develop and execute a plan to service all distribution customers in district while working directly with customer service representative.
· Drive new product introductions through customer presentations, sales calls and promotional activities.
· Establish clearly defined annual sales plans, stocking levels and specification support with top customers. Review annually, with quarterly reviews with customer and regional manager.
· Develop and maintain a strong and positive customer/supplier relationship through timely and consistent communication with the customer.
· Provide customer service and handle complaints in a fair and timely manner. Ensure that customer’s needs are met and that complaints and other issues are resolved in a fair and expeditious manner.
· Prepare and submit weekly reports and others as required in a clearly worded and timely manner. Provide pertinent end market information to the Regional Sales Manager or other appropriate personnel through proper use of Salesforce.
· Regularly update and maintain customer correspondence in CRM system including weekly reports, opportunity sales funnel, blue sheets and planned meetings with customers.
Skills and Qualifications
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, customers, supervisors, and technical organizations in a positive and objective manner.
· Experience with customers, channel partners, architects and designers.
· 5 years professional selling experience. Preference with channel partner, demand creation, and/or Building Products industry experience.
· Overnight travel could be up to 50%.
· Ability to work independently. Ideal candidate will be able to plan, schedule, and organize work priorities and objectives with minimal onsite supervision.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM software experience. Experience with Salesforce.com, Miller Heiman training and Achieve Global preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent work experience required.