Silver Tree Residential, LLC is one of the fastest growing property management companies in the industry. We were formed in 2009 to operate a portfolio of apartment communities that now consists of 55 properties, spanning 21 states, totaling over 8,000 units. Silver Tree Residential, LLC exists to provide the highest quality operations in senior and family housing communities.
Silver Tree Residential, LLC is looking for a dedicated and experienced Lead Facilities Technician to join our progressively growing team, and oversee the maintenance projects for Kirkwood Apartments in Goldsboro, NC. The community is comprised of 140 apartment homes for seniors. The Lead Tech will supervise a staff of 1-2 and be responsible for all aspects of maintenance-related and capital improvement activities within the assigned property. We are looking for a dependable leader who is willing to uphold our community to the highest standards.
To ensure Silver Tree Residential, LLC gets the best candidates, we offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Observe the condition of the apartment complex including buildings, grounds, tenant units, and all other facilities.
- Perform the maintenance/repair/improvement of same as directed by the Community Director and Regional VP.
- Maintaining a professional image and attitude and demanding the same of his/her staff. It is his/her duty to insist that the decorum of the employees in his/her charge is in keeping with the objectives of the company.
- Advising the Director of maintenance problems and of programs designed to solve them.
- Making recommendations to the Director for the purchase of supplies, equipment and services. Maintain an inventory of frequently used parts and replacement items, and will order to re-stock inventor each month in accordance with amounts and items approved by the Director.
- Meeting regularly with the management staff and giving regular written reports of work completed, including all service requests and inspections sheets.
- Establishing daily work schedules for his/her staff (if any) and monitoring their production, efficiency and the materials used.
- Satisfying service requests promptly (within twenty-four hours) and efficiently. If unusual circumstances make this impossible, the resident must be informed of the reasons for the delay.
- Keeping a permanent record of the service requests received.
- Observing the condition of any occupied apartment entered and reporting unusual circumstances to the Community Director; for example, uncleanliness, size and number of pets, appearance of floors, appliances, walls, light fixtures, etc.
- Exercising control over maintenance expenditures.
- Supervising the maintenance of exterior lighting, gutters, down-spouts, roofs and flashing, roadways, walks, laundry facilities, recreation areas, buildings and grounds.
- Knowing the location of all water, gas and power turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire hydrants, and fire extinguishers. Having available telephone numbers of the police, ambulance service, fire department, power, gas and water companies.
- Establishing and executing a regular preventive maintenance schedule for the following which apply to the community: cleaning of furnaces and A/C coils, oiling motors and circulating pumps, exterior painting, changing of filters, replacing of light bulbs in public areas, maintaining swimming pool and pump rooms, and the water heating equipment, boiler rooms and chiller equipment.
- Knowing current condition of all vacancies.
- Participating in the hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Holding classes for the maintenance staff (if any), as needed, to improve their efficiency.
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date inventory of tools and supplies.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, secure workshop.
- Ensuring that the maintenance staff thinks and works safely.
The qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in an apartment or hospitality setting. To be considered for hire, applicant must pass a thorough background check and drug screen. This position shares on-call rotation, so a valid driver's license and dependable transportation are also required.
Silver Tree Residential employees enjoy a stable, guaranteed work schedule, health insurance options, 401(k) with employer match and nearly 5 weeks PTO.
STR Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.