To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Joshua Clark
- Phone: 717 207 9368
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Carlisle Group • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you passionate about local and organic food choice and building community? The Carlisle Group has been retained to search for the next General Manager of East End Food Co-op, a natural foods cooperative based in Pittsburgh, PA. This unique organization offers the opportunity to work with a group of caring individuals committed to building a prosperous, just, and vibrant local food economy, connecting members and consumers with local and organic food choices. East End Food Co-op has been growing steadily in the Point Breeze North neighborhood of Pittsburgh since 1980.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will lead the cooperative in all departments, including store operations, finance, marketing, merchandising, technology, and human resources. Along with the management team, this position will navigate the company through an increasingly competitive consumer market. Performance will be measured based upon asset protection, financial conditions, business planning and financial budgeting, staff treatment and compensation, member engagement and customer service levels, among other areas. A visionary leader is required to foster an effective teamwork environment across multiple levels including the board, owners, employees, and the community at large.
- Personal/Professional ethics aligned with the cooperative principles
- Proven ability to articulate a vision and get group members to buy into it
- Ability to be proactive and keep momentum going for growth and change
- Strategic planning experience
- Ability to motivate, lead, and coordinate people to gain cooperation
- Ability to sustain an effective management team
- Experience with hiring, training, evaluating, compensating and firing
- Operating, capital, and cash budgeting experience
- Ability to make sound financial decisions
- Experience working with stakeholders at multiple levels
- Understanding of marketing and merchandising in highly competitive markets
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems
- Openness to others’ ideas
- Ability to manage own and others’ time
- Ability to present written and spoken information clearly
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback without defensiveness
- Retail management experience, preferably in grocery, natural foods, or food co-op (as general manager, store manager, operations manager, or district manager)
- Prior bottom line accountability for a business, preferably larger than $10 million in annual sales volume
- Experience managing new store opening/renovation
- Skilled in use of Office 365 and comfort working in Windows environment
- Knowledge of natural foods
- Ability to interpret financial statements to laypeople
- Experience with policy governance
Please email your resume to Brett Myers, Senior Executive Search Consultant – The Carlisle Group at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to learn more about this exciting opportunity!