1st Shift Project Engineer
We are currently looking to hire a full time project engineer for our manufacturing facility in Addison, IL. This is a 1st shift direct role that pays up to 95K to start with full benefits. Candidates MUST have a BS in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering and 3+ years of Aerospace experience.
Position Purpose: Project Engineer is accountable for the performance of new development product introduction and responsible to support internal departmental requests. This position requires meeting customer and internal requirements through the application of standard and non standard engineering techniques and procedures in carrying out engineering tasks. This position requires minimal supervision; most work is still reviewed by a more senior engineer. This position requires participation in project specific relationship building with customers, suppliers, individuals or organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform necessary tasks and coordinates all necessary activities inside or outside the engineering department; in order to meet cost, performance and schedule requirements for the assigned projects.
- Accountable for development and successful qualification of new product introductions.
- Ability to recognize a problem which is beyond capabilities and learns from experts in the area within and outside of the organization.
- Leads cross-functional team members in establishing program plans with respect to cost and schedule.
- Identifies and resolves design problems, documents all findings and analyses in report format.
- May require implementation of process improvements within the organization.
- Ability to disposition hardware with minor supervision.
- Creates detail designs using 2D and 3D drafting including dimensions and tolerance.
- Generates, presents and maintains design proposals with internal departments balancing manufacturing/cost implications.
- Create and maintain bill of materials up to final release into the document control system.
- Coordinate detail drawing modifications and coordinates the procurement of engineering hardware. Implements development and qualification test objectives, writes test procedures, and oversees the preparation of test units and the conduct of tests.
- Coordinates testing activities, writes test reports and prepares recommendations related to the test objectives.
- Supports Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities associated with development or qualification problems.
- Accountable for accurate and timely reporting of program budget, schedule, and technical problems.
- Understands and applies risk management practices to development and production/field support programs.
- Manages customer requirements and effectively handles scope changes.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentations internally and to customers.
- Ability to operate in a team environments and communicate effectively. Lead and direct work of technicians, support engineers and designers.
- Understanding of mechanical principals and elements of machine design.
- Competent in the use of computer skills stated below.
- Basic use and understanding of FEA tools, basic use of design validation and verifications tools and methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of engineering systems; configuration management, gate review process and engineering change order requirements.
- Ability to assist in the development of organizational procedures.
- Effective time management skills.
- Employee’s primary duties require him/her to use discretion and independent judgment.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Working knowledge or qualification on Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience with aerospace processes and methods (DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-31000, Y14.100) preferred.
- 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) platforms such as Dassault Systems SolidWorks
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Project)
BS in mechanical or aerospace engineering and 3+ years of aerospace experience
Engineering Design Process