Do you appreciate the satisfaction of completing a successful project?
Do you enjoy working with clients?
If you answer yes to these questions, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
STCR, a company with over 52 years of success in providing retail Point of Sale systems to supermarkets, is hiring a Programmer Analyst.
In this position you will be responsible for analyzing business processes and designing, planning and completing custom solutions for our supermarket customers. Additionally, you will assist in maintaining current programs and in-house data and assist in systems implementation processes as needed.
- Creation of custom programs that enhance our software offering
- Installation and training of custom programs created
- Maintain and update custom programs created
- Provide remote client software upgrade as needed
- Provide consultation on custom solution options
- Evaluate and test hardware and software solutions
- Assist in troubleshooting of hardware and software solutions
- Make recommendations for new products and procedures
- Create and enhance features, functions, and reports for internal use
- Create interface to other internal software systems
- Maintain internal systems data and database
- Generate on-demand reports from internal database
- Provide internal support to assist all departments as needed
- Document client issues and resolutions
- Document system usage for hardware and software
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Travel rewards
- Tuition assistance program
- Loyalty rewards
- Company-sponsored employee activities
To learn more about STCR, visit us at www.stcr.com.
- Programming skills in C, Object Oriented C++, Visual Basic, 4690 Basic, VB.net Windows
- Project management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Exercise discretion in connection with needs assessment relating to project.
- Make independent evaluations and recommendations to client.
- Customer service skills.
- Communication skills.
- Organization skills.
- Knowledge of PC Hardware/DOS/Windows/Networking/MS Office.
- Knowledge of retail operation.
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Vb Script (Visual Basic Scripting Edition)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
STCR provides a proven all-in-one solution that keeps
grocery stores running smoothly, from best in breed point of sale systems, to
self checkout, to operations in the back office, and everywhere in between. Since
our founding in 1967, STCR has developed a reputation for exceptional customer
service and expertise in retail control systems.
Grocers don’t always have the time or resources to support
their businesses with the latest technology, so STCR’s function is to implement
comprehensive and cutting-edge grocery technology solutions for the modern retailer.
STCR’s decades of experience working with grocers, specialty food stores,
ethnic food stores, natural/organic grocers and food co-ops has enabled us to
understand the unique needs and challenges faced by clients of all sizes and
STCR offers POS systems - hardware, software, accessories and peripherals - through our premier
View the full profile
business partnerships with Toshiba and LOC, as well as a number of other best
in breed technology solution providers. The support doesn’t stop once your
technology solutions have been implemented – STCR also provides training and
consulting to help clients master their new system, regular updates and 24/7
technical support. Whether you want to improve profit margins, minimize
downtime, maximize customer service, or all of the above, STCR has a solution
that will work for your business.