To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Schofield, WI
- Human Resources
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Material Handler - Pick/Prep
Wausau Supply Company • Schofield, WI
Posted 2 months ago
9 am Start Time
Summary: Wausau Supply Company, Production Material Handler – Pick/Prep, is responsible for quality control, sorting and maintaining flow of materials through the production system. It is the responsibility of the Production Material Handler to be aware of all production goals and anticipate problems that could impact long term goals, including quality control and establishing high standards of workmanship. In order to be effective as the Production Material Handler, the individual must be fluent with communication and it is imperative that positive relations with all internal levels of the organization remain uncompromised.
Duties to include, (but not limited to):
- Picking door slabs and glass in the correct order for the next day’s production
- Restock the production lines when needed
- Develops and maintains a clean, safe working environment and ensures participation in safety programs and required trainings
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principals of safety for self and others into daily activities
- Safeguards company property while maintains acceptable level of productivity
- Sorts and moves product interdepartmentally while operating and using a variety of material handling equipment, including but not limited to forklift, hand-helds, racks, etc.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and encourages team effort
- Performs other duties as assigned that would lead to successful operation of department, team and/or company mission
Production Material Handler Demonstrates:
- Ability to read and decipher paperwork with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively, define problems, collect data and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret instruction and exercise good judgment
- A strong sense and attention for safety
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Handheld RF scanner experience a plus
- Forklift experience a plus
Working Demands / Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Ability to stand/bend/walk for long periods of time
Reports to: Production Material Handler Supervisor
Conclusion: The Production Material Handler will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with WSC. As an ESOP owner, acting with honor, integrity, and positivity is imperative. The Production Material Handler’s prime objective is to oversee the internal movement of our product and to ensure quality standards remain uncompromised.