A local Dubuque owned and operated manufacturer is seeking to add a Materials Manager to their management team Materials Manager will support a broad variety of Materials, supply chain and procurement functions and works independently, reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
What you get to do:
● Develop, implement, and oversee department activities, policies and procedures.
● Develop, oversee, review and report supply chain metrics.
● Establish and maintain accurate specifications for sourced materials.
● Maintain organized vendor files, with capabilities and performance.
● Ensure all third parties performing work comply with policy in regards to proper certificates of insurance and worker’s compensation coverage.
● Coordinate and supervise inventory and cycle counts, track inventory record accuracy.
● Maintain setup and utilize ERP system.
● Use lean methodology to drive improvements throughout department, and mentor staff.
● Manage the flow, storage and use of warehouse programs to fit the business.
● Prepare and analyze inventory reports, vendors spend, and monitor price increases (market).
● Analyze the status of obsolescence, slow moving and surplus inventory.
● Forecast future needs, inventory positions and spend.
● Research various material options and work with required parties to initiate cost savings opportunities.
● Utilize scrap data to improve company’s positions or internal process decisions.
● Recommend, purchase and supervise the purchase of commodities and services.
● Obtain quotes and negotiate favorable prices, terms, and other provisions of supplier agreements, considering quality, cost, and delivery.
● Create and issue PO’s to vendors to maintain required inventory levels.
● Ensure that purchasing documents are properly completed (specs, terms, quantity, price).
● Formulate procurement policy and recommend changes as needed to keep current with management concepts.
Vendor Management/Quality Responsibilities:
● Create and develop a supplier rating system.
● Communicate and develop a good working relationship with vendors and develop a general working knowledge of materials and where they are used.
● Manage supplier quality and performance including return of defective goods.
● Manage vendor consignment programs.
● Participate with management team to formulate and execute strategies to maximize cost savings.
● Work with suppliers to find ways of reducing costs, improving service, leveraging spend and ensuring quality is maintained.
● Work to consolidate vendors and leverage spend depending on sourcing strategy or commodity.
● Understand and analyze the market dynamics for each commodity or service.
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.