To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6501 South Promontory Drive
Chicago, IL 60649
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
La Rabida Children's Hospital • Chicago, IL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. We specialize in treatment of chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma. La Rabida provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary health services to children across a continuum of care, serving as a model for family-centered care.
La Rabida is a very special place. Triumphs occur here. Children overcome odds and excel beyond hope. This is where those who serve gain more than they give. La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions.
Our lakefront location is spectacular. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place.
The Manager of Pharmacy primary responsibilities include: the management and supervision of all departmental staff, actively participating in the dispensation of medication, establishing quality assurance protocols for the department, and for educating staff regarding new and updated techniques.
Managerial - 40%
- Formulates plans, programs, policies and procedures
- Designs daily distribution systems for inpatient and outpatient pharmacy
- Interviews, hires, disciplines, and/or terminates pharmacy personnel
- Represents department on various committees
- Reports to Administration on department's activities/accomplishments
- Prepares and responsible for department budget
- Oversees the keeping of appropriate patient and prescription records as dictated by federal and state authorities
- Assumes day-to-day liability for same to the best of his/her abilities
Dispensing - 20%
- Participates in hands-on preparation of inpatient and outpatient IV and medication orders to whatever extent is necessary to maintain or augment an appropriate departmental workflow.
Educational - 10%
- Orientation and in-service for pharmacy personnel, physicians, resident, nursing, and other appropriate hospital staff.
- Provides drug information to hospital staff and customers.
- Conducts meetings with Pharmacy staff to review new techniques, exchange information, review educational needs, etc.
- Participates in outside educational programs, workshops, etc.
Supervisory - 20%
- Maintains employee relations and provides guidance and counseling as needed
- Supervises drug purchases and inventory control
- Directs the day-to-day activities of pharmacy personnel
- Develops, in conjunction with the Medical Staff, and oversees the Hospital Drug Formulary
- Develops, maintains, and implements a working department plan and contributes to the development/implementation of a division plan for the Hospital Clinical Services Department.
QA - 10%
- Establishes QA protocols for the department
- Monitors and reports on the same
- Performs performance appraisals of pharmacy staff
- Participates in drug use evaluation and other related duties
- Directs/coordinates department's clinical programs and monitors the same
- Plans and manages assigned staff toward accomplishment of La Rabida’s mission including recruitment; scheduling; training and development; counseling/coaching; appraisal and recognition; and recommending salary, promotional, disciplinary, and other personal actions in accord with existing policies and procedures.
- Plans and manages the department budget to ensure responsible controls over, and efficient utilization of hospital resources.
- Understands that he/she, and the staff that he/she supervises, generates, updates, transmits or otherwise works with Protected Health Information (PHI), and insures that he/she, as well as the staff he/she supervises, treats PHI according to the Hospital’s policies and procedures.
What we need from you:
- B.S. in Pharmacy required; Pharm D. and/or M.B.A. preferred
- 3-5 years hospital supervisor/managerial experience required; background in pediatric specialty preferred
- Illinois License required.
- In-depth knowledge of hospital computer systems required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
What you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida with out customized 403b plan with generous matching
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
- Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
La Rabida Chilren's Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.