This position will be responsible for all aspects within the real-time trading environment by conducting hourly purchase and sales transactions in an optimal and economical manner. The Real-Time Trader will purchase and sell energy in short-term market; analyze and react to current market conditions through bidding, trading and hedging strategies to maximize profits in accordance with company risk management guidelines; and reconcile energy accounting as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects within the real-time trading environment by conducting hourly purchase and sales transactions in an optimal and economical manner.
- Purchase and sell energy in short-term market within all markets.
- Analyze and react to current market conditions through trading and hedging strategies to maximize profits in accordance with company risk management guidelines.
- Reconcile energy accounting as necessary.
- Maintain and document activity in all regions.
- Accurately tag, transmit submittal, counterparty checkout and daily reporting.
- Work with and assist internal traders and third-party brokers.
- Build quality relationships with industry participants.
Requirements: Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- 2+ years related real-time trading experience.
- Working knowledge of ERCOT Qualified Scheduling Entities (QSE) submitting bids and offers on behalf of resource entities or load serving entities preferred.
- Familiarity with NERC operations, scheduling, tagging, power flows and generation technologies preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in general business, Economics, Finance, or other relevant degree.
- Proficient with Excel and all other MS Office products.
- Rational understanding for analytical computer programs and modeling tools preferred.
- Successful candidates are self-motivated and have proven multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of ERCOT, SWPP, PJM, MISO, CAISO, NEPOOL & NYISO market rules are strongly desired
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Growing people and companies since 1990 with a blend of art and science.
View the full profile
Our business and expertise is the recruitment and development of top talent. Building the right people, for the right companies, right now! We have the expertise, track record and confidence to work nearly any project, any time, anywhere.
Our team, with collective experience of over 250 years, is passionate about what we do and 100% dedicated to being the best. We are committed to providing an unequaled standard of excellence to the clients and candidates we serve. We are extremely competitive, client focused, and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time. We understand that candidates must be proven players that fit the philosophy, goals, and culture of your organization. Throughout our over 23 years of service nationally, we have built strong relationships with thousands of people by listening, understanding, and delivering. This has allowed us to become recognized as a leader within the world's largest network of executive search professionals, MRINetwork, comprised of over 700 offices in 35 countries with over 3,500 professional recruiters.