POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, this position is responsible for receiving, inspecting, and stocking incoming freight, maintaining inventory accuracy in the stockroom and non-stock inventory locations, and pulling and staging parts for projects going through the assembly department. May also transport goods/materials to and from vendors and other Arrowhead facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives and unloads incoming materials and reconciles packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Process receipt of purchased materials in ERP software with packing lists and labels.
- Utilize ERP software to inquire for details on inventory allocations, location, incoming receipts, and other inventory transactions.
- Execute daily cycle counts and review/investigate/reconcile discrepancies.
- Pull and stage parts for projects going through the assembly department.
- Offsite transportation of parts and/or errands as necessary. Drive quarter ton, half ton pickup, straight truck.
- Label and handle chemicals in compliance with SDS procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Valid Class D WI Driver’s License and good driving record.
2. Forklift operation experience preferred or ability to become certified.
3. Overhead crane operation experience preferred.
4. Basic computer skills
5. Straight truck (GVW < 26,001) driving experience is favorable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and follow quality and safety standards.
- Ability to read and write.
- Shows great attention to detail.
- Is very organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.